This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow Saints Row 3 looks amazing..

#21PinappleExpressPosted 7/22/2011 11:17:29 PM
What bothered people about GTA if you are using the Burnout and Gran Turismo comparison is that GTA was Burnout then switched to Gran Turismo. If you brand your series a certain way people grow to expect that when they go out to purchase the sequel.
---
You know what time it is, keep on rolling baby!
#22Dragon NexusPosted 7/23/2011 2:42:05 AM
Worker_8_ posted...
I've loved Saint's Row since the first one, so yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I really hope the Multiplayer goes back to the way the first one was, and not the second.

For some reason, the second one didn't have the "magic" the first one did in MP. I used to love playing that map with the four buildings connected by walkways.

I'd always go out on the walkway and do a taunt because someone would always be hiding right beside the doorway. They'd get pissed and run onto the walkway to my building and I'd pop out and OHK with a shotty :). Man, that game was fun.

They've cut multiplayer, stating that people didn't really want it
http://www.destructoid.com/saints-row-3-axed-multiplayer-cos-co-op-more-important-196099.phtml

I'm well behind that. The multiplayer for SR was kind of a "Go on, GTA! Let's see YOUR franchise get a multiplayer!" that thing people had been crying out for for ages. Then gTA did it and it made SR2's multi seem really bland and shallow, and that's before you compare it to the must-have multiplayers like Halo or GoW or CoD.

Cutting the multiplayer to plump out the single player and co-op experiences is alight by me.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#23ikrissyPosted 7/23/2011 3:04:50 AM
100% agree. I spent way more time in co op than I did in MP and the MP in SR2 left a bad taste in my mouth TBH.

The more features they can add to co op, as opposed to taking the time to create a MP mode, the more I will like it.
---
goolybooly-TC, you came HERE to complain about the bad people on Xbox Live? Xbox Live is like GameFAQs with sound. | GT- Kombat Kelly
#24joker_cardsPosted 7/23/2011 5:11:35 AM
GTA will never flop. Anytime GTA comes out it will sell like crazy. I prefer SR over GTA because SR to me is fun. I doubt the media will even care about SR. SR kinda gets pushed to the side a lot because it is viewed as a "GTA copy cat or wanna be." It also never tries to push the line like GTA does. SR just does its own thing and makes a fun game doing it. GTA will always be the king and ruler based on its history, loyal fans, and what is has done for gaming and accomplished. SR will always be the black sheep to GTA. The alternative game so to speak with its creative fanbase who enjoy a good time and massive customization.
---
I am a proud Xbox 360 owner and I do not own, like, or play any Halo games!
XBL Gamertag: jokercards89
#25Mutant1988Posted 7/23/2011 5:25:31 AM
Will SR3 support co-op for more than 2 players though? Roaming around with a whole crew (Or at least 4 players), that would simply be amazing.

But yeah, I too am hyped for SR3. But... I've got to say that the parts of the city they've shown look like crap. Dark, gray and brown. The whole colour palette seems more dull. That's worrying and I hope that the whole game doesn't look that way (The CG trailer was a lot more colourful in comparison).
---
To all Trolls - Pretending to be an idiot... Makes you an idiot.
#26scoobydoobydontPosted 7/23/2011 6:33:07 AM(edited)

And also, do you think that if the next gta sorta flops

Never happen.

will SR take over as sandbox king?

Haha... ha... ha.

I personally think that gta iv was realistic, so it was close to home

Did you just play it for the first time on a top of the line PC with mods or something? I love GTA4, but it isn't that realistic...

What bothered people about GTA if you are using the Burnout and Gran Turismo comparison is that GTA was Burnout then switched to Gran Turismo. If you brand your series a certain way people grow to expect that when they go out to purchase the sequel.

GTA4 was so boring that i still haven't beat it and remember nothing about the game. It was just an eye candy game.

...or that "boring"/serious, despite what people keep pretending. It was exactly what any reasonable person would expect from the first new GTA this gen... GTA3, modernized. It was there to lay down the framework for the series this gen. And it was filled with so much parody and so many unrealistic ways to f*** around that it baffles me that some people claim otherwise. There's a difference between not taking yourself too seriously (90% of GTA4) and a bunch of random, pandering s*** just for the sake of it (guess what series?). SR is like that one "funny" kid in class who gets half the laughs of the real classroom jokester yet gets sent out of class twice as much because of an almost obsessive need to draw attention to themselves, no matter what.
---
"What we have created are not an art but products. I always tell staff to call Nintendo games products, not an art." -Miyamoto