This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Disc Is Unreadable

#1NebraskahodgePosted 7/22/2011 3:32:33 PM
So I was in the middle of playing NCAA 12, and I slid back on my chair. Unfortunately, the controllers cord was underneath, and I pulled out my xbox a bit and the game crashed. It now reads that "this disc is unreadable: clean or restart".

I tried doing both. Note, this isnt a RROD. The dashboard works. Other games work. I can start the game and get the EA sports logo, but when it tried to load the main menu, i get the error message.

Has anyone been through this before? Do you think I can return the game and geta new one? This totally sucks. I cant believe that a small bump would cause this big of a problem.
---
"Its quality not quanity man. And just wait til i get to college i cant wait til i get to college."
#2Nebraskahodge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2011 4:03:16 PM
bump? any help please?
---
"Its quality not quanity man. And just wait til i get to college i cant wait til i get to college."
#3fireball2020Posted 7/22/2011 4:34:43 PM
Is the disk scratched?
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/teh%20real%20weasel.jpg
http://steamcard.com/do/original/tehrealweasel.png
#4chocoboblue99Posted 7/22/2011 4:55:16 PM
Sounds like the disc is messed up. You did it by moving the xbox, while it was playing your game.
#5Nebraskahodge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2011 5:40:56 PM
The disc has a 'circular' scratch. there isnt a scratch like a traditional scratch, but....theres a scratch going around like a concentric cricle. You know how when you burn a cd and it makes a concentric circle to show how much data is on it? There is one of those halfway through.

If it is the case that the disc is messed up, you think I could return it? It is only 10 days old....
---
#6Ryan2002Posted 7/22/2011 5:48:23 PM
Nebraskahodge posted...
The disc has a 'circular' scratch. there isnt a scratch like a traditional scratch, but....theres a scratch going around like a concentric cricle. You know how when you burn a cd and it makes a concentric circle to show how much data is on it? There is one of those halfway through.

If it is the case that the disc is messed up, you think I could return it? It is only 10 days old....

No store in their right mind would accept a return for a product that is defunct on your own part.
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://www.zreomusic.com/Zelda25.jpg =-= http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v965tv&s=7
#7TrugamerPosted 7/22/2011 8:55:47 PM
I cannot belive people are using corded controllers with this scratch maker console , too cheap for your own good in this case.
Not that I really blame you the console should not destroy discs that way to begin with.
#8Nebraskahodge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2011 10:57:25 AM
The whole reason I used a corded controller in the first place was because of XBOX's crapiness. I have the one where you plug it in and it charges it, and you should be able to unplug it. Yet, any time I unplug it, it instantly goes dead. Therefore, I need to keep it plugged in all the time.

This is so aggravating.
---
#9Nebraskahodge(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2011 2:20:02 PM
Okay, all this being said, is there anyway I can get a new copy for free with a cd-key? I know blizzard has a thing where you can enter your CD-Key and digitally download games for free (which arent free since you once bought them). Is there anything with that with digital download from EA Sports?
---
#10TrugamerPosted 7/25/2011 2:35:00 PM
Nebraskahodge posted...
The whole reason I used a corded controller in the first place was because of XBOX's crapiness. I have the one where you plug it in and it charges it, and you should be able to unplug it. Yet, any time I unplug it, it instantly goes dead. Therefore, I need to keep it plugged in all the time.

This is so aggravating.

Charge and play is crap get a real charger and you won't have those problems guaranteed

Charge and play wrecks the memory on your batterys unless you make sure to drain them completely before recharging.