This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Disc Is Unreadable

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. The Disc Is Unreadable
4 years ago#1
So I was in the middle of playing NCAA 12, and I slid back on my chair. Unfortunately, the controllers cord was underneath, and I pulled out my xbox a bit and the game crashed. It now reads that "this disc is unreadable: clean or restart".

I tried doing both. Note, this isnt a RROD. The dashboard works. Other games work. I can start the game and get the EA sports logo, but when it tried to load the main menu, i get the error message.

Has anyone been through this before? Do you think I can return the game and geta new one? This totally sucks. I cant believe that a small bump would cause this big of a problem.
---
"Its quality not quanity man. And just wait til i get to college i cant wait til i get to college."
4 years ago#2
bump? any help please?
---
"Its quality not quanity man. And just wait til i get to college i cant wait til i get to college."
4 years ago#3
Is the disk scratched?
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/teh%20real%20weasel.jpg
http://steamcard.com/do/original/tehrealweasel.png
4 years ago#4
Sounds like the disc is messed up. You did it by moving the xbox, while it was playing your game.
4 years ago#5
The disc has a 'circular' scratch. there isnt a scratch like a traditional scratch, but....theres a scratch going around like a concentric cricle. You know how when you burn a cd and it makes a concentric circle to show how much data is on it? There is one of those halfway through.

If it is the case that the disc is messed up, you think I could return it? It is only 10 days old....
---
4 years ago#6
Nebraskahodge posted...
The disc has a 'circular' scratch. there isnt a scratch like a traditional scratch, but....theres a scratch going around like a concentric cricle. You know how when you burn a cd and it makes a concentric circle to show how much data is on it? There is one of those halfway through.

If it is the case that the disc is messed up, you think I could return it? It is only 10 days old....

No store in their right mind would accept a return for a product that is defunct on your own part.
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://www.zreomusic.com/Zelda25.jpg =-= http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v965tv&s=7
4 years ago#7
I cannot belive people are using corded controllers with this scratch maker console , too cheap for your own good in this case.
Not that I really blame you the console should not destroy discs that way to begin with.
4 years ago#8
The whole reason I used a corded controller in the first place was because of XBOX's crapiness. I have the one where you plug it in and it charges it, and you should be able to unplug it. Yet, any time I unplug it, it instantly goes dead. Therefore, I need to keep it plugged in all the time.

This is so aggravating.
---
4 years ago#9
Okay, all this being said, is there anyway I can get a new copy for free with a cd-key? I know blizzard has a thing where you can enter your CD-Key and digitally download games for free (which arent free since you once bought them). Is there anything with that with digital download from EA Sports?
---
4 years ago#10
Nebraskahodge posted...
The whole reason I used a corded controller in the first place was because of XBOX's crapiness. I have the one where you plug it in and it charges it, and you should be able to unplug it. Yet, any time I unplug it, it instantly goes dead. Therefore, I need to keep it plugged in all the time.

This is so aggravating.

Charge and play is crap get a real charger and you won't have those problems guaranteed

Charge and play wrecks the memory on your batterys unless you make sure to drain them completely before recharging.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. The Disc Is Unreadable

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived