This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This may be the wrong board...but

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. This may be the wrong board...but

User Info: GKD234

GKD234
5 years ago#1
Ok, so my laptop basically crashed. I want to get a new one.

Is microsoft still doing the Buy a PC get a xbox 360 free thing?

Because here is the thing. I really like macbooks, but I miss the CRAP out of my xbox.

In my hometown, its nearly impossible to get a job, I have tried all summer and i'm seriously starting to get bummed out. And with the fall semester coming up there is going to be a crapton of games I want to get.

Now, I love apple products, and their laptops would be great for college. However that buy a pc get a xbox free deal is really tempting.

Basically which do you guys think I should go for?

User Info: BigReed

BigReed
5 years ago#2
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/list/categoryID.55857100?WT.mc_id=validation_us_051911_pcxboxoffer

Theres the PC selection. You should get a promo code for the offer.
"..hardcore gamers like me for instance, who grew up on Halo.."

User Info: tazerhater

tazerhater
5 years ago#3
You can always install mac os x on your laptop by the way.
The only thing Internet Explorer is good for is downloading Google Chrome or Firefox, and it's not that great at either. -- Vile_Weavile

GKD234
5 years ago#4
Well really the thing I like most about macs is the look. That glossy screen is just so sexy.

I found a laptop for 799 that outpreforms macbook pro in almost every way. So yeah Apple is just a rip off.

I mean the macbook pro base model only had 320 gigs. I found a 699 samsung that had 640 gigs...

User Info: Jocko

Jocko
5 years ago#5
GKD234 posted...
Well really the thing I like most about macs is the look. That glossy screen is just so sexy.

I found a laptop for 799 that outpreforms macbook pro in almost every way. So yeah Apple is just a rip off.

I mean the macbook pro base model only had 320 gigs. I found a 699 samsung that had 640 gigs...

Dude if you want a laptop to be "sexy" then just get a PC laptop and hot glue some plastic boobs on it. There, you just saved a boatload of cash that you can use to buy games with. You're welcome.
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.

User Info: sullynation

sullynation
5 years ago#6
Jocko posted...
GKD234 posted...

Dude if you want a laptop to be "sexy" then just get a PC laptop and hot glue some plastic boobs on it. There, you just saved a boatload of cash that you can use to buy games with. You're welcome.

Finally, a voice of reason.
GT:C S 2 O
I have a complicated relationship with zombies. They're dangerous, but I love their swagger.

GKD234
5 years ago#7
Haha. Well by sexy I mean I just want it to look nice and not a fingerprint magnet.

I want a laptop that is cheap but powerful, has great battery life, qualifies for the free xbox deal, and that has a ton a space.

I will not be doing any hardcore gaming on it so do not worry about that.

User Info: PinappleExpress

PinappleExpress
5 years ago#8
I love how Apple has successfully marketed towards people who want to look cool instead of actually making a good product.
You know what time it is, keep on rolling baby!

User Info: Samuel 025

Samuel 025
5 years ago#9
PinappleExpress posted...
I love how Apple has successfully marketed towards people who want to look cool instead of actually making a good product.

This topic made me realize that I haven't seen the front lid of my laptop in about 5 months. I guess Apple-lovers like to just stare at their products instead of use them.
Dr. House and Dr. Cox should team up and cure everything.
"Drinking Santana champ, cause it's so crisp!"

GKD234
5 years ago#10
Apples phones and ipad is great but my god their computers are horribly overpriced.

The rumors are true, i literally can get the same speced computer for half the price.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. This may be the wrong board...but

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived