This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This may be the wrong board...but

#1GKD234Posted 7/23/2011 8:51:47 PM
Ok, so my laptop basically crashed. I want to get a new one.

Is microsoft still doing the Buy a PC get a xbox 360 free thing?

Because here is the thing. I really like macbooks, but I miss the CRAP out of my xbox.

In my hometown, its nearly impossible to get a job, I have tried all summer and i'm seriously starting to get bummed out. And with the fall semester coming up there is going to be a crapton of games I want to get.

Now, I love apple products, and their laptops would be great for college. However that buy a pc get a xbox free deal is really tempting.

Basically which do you guys think I should go for?
#2BigReedPosted 7/23/2011 9:00:24 PM
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/list/categoryID.55857100?WT.mc_id=validation_us_051911_pcxboxoffer

Theres the PC selection. You should get a promo code for the offer.
---
"..hardcore gamers like me for instance, who grew up on Halo.."
#3tazerhaterPosted 7/23/2011 9:30:49 PM
You can always install mac os x on your laptop by the way.
---
The only thing Internet Explorer is good for is downloading Google Chrome or Firefox, and it's not that great at either. -- Vile_Weavile
#4GKD234(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2011 9:58:06 PM
Well really the thing I like most about macs is the look. That glossy screen is just so sexy.

I found a laptop for 799 that outpreforms macbook pro in almost every way. So yeah Apple is just a rip off.

I mean the macbook pro base model only had 320 gigs. I found a 699 samsung that had 640 gigs...
#5JockoPosted 7/23/2011 10:04:25 PM
GKD234 posted...
Well really the thing I like most about macs is the look. That glossy screen is just so sexy.

I found a laptop for 799 that outpreforms macbook pro in almost every way. So yeah Apple is just a rip off.

I mean the macbook pro base model only had 320 gigs. I found a 699 samsung that had 640 gigs...

Dude if you want a laptop to be "sexy" then just get a PC laptop and hot glue some plastic boobs on it. There, you just saved a boatload of cash that you can use to buy games with. You're welcome.
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#6sullynationPosted 7/23/2011 10:06:30 PM
Jocko posted...
GKD234 posted...

Dude if you want a laptop to be "sexy" then just get a PC laptop and hot glue some plastic boobs on it. There, you just saved a boatload of cash that you can use to buy games with. You're welcome.

Finally, a voice of reason.
---
GT:C S 2 O
I have a complicated relationship with zombies. They're dangerous, but I love their swagger.
#7GKD234(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2011 10:07:09 PM
Haha. Well by sexy I mean I just want it to look nice and not a fingerprint magnet.

I want a laptop that is cheap but powerful, has great battery life, qualifies for the free xbox deal, and that has a ton a space.

I will not be doing any hardcore gaming on it so do not worry about that.
#8PinappleExpressPosted 7/23/2011 10:07:59 PM
I love how Apple has successfully marketed towards people who want to look cool instead of actually making a good product.
---
You know what time it is, keep on rolling baby!
#9Samuel 025Posted 7/23/2011 10:09:24 PM
PinappleExpress posted...
I love how Apple has successfully marketed towards people who want to look cool instead of actually making a good product.

This topic made me realize that I haven't seen the front lid of my laptop in about 5 months. I guess Apple-lovers like to just stare at their products instead of use them.
---
Dr. House and Dr. Cox should team up and cure everything.
"Drinking Santana champ, cause it's so crisp!"
#10GKD234(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2011 10:24:24 PM
Apples phones and ipad is great but my god their computers are horribly overpriced.

The rumors are true, i literally can get the same speced computer for half the price.