This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My slim has stopped reading my disks..

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. My slim has stopped reading my disks..
5 years ago#1
So, i was playing this morning and decided to play a different game. I go to the dashboard and take out my game, put in mortal kombat, and close the tray and ever since that moment my xbox has stopped reading all disks. I was wondering if its normal for drives to just fail out of the blue like that without warning.

Also, I have a 250GB Slim and i install all of my games to the HD. I can't imagine how this has happened unless not using the drive enough has made it faulty.
Ha ha ha ha ha *farts* ... -_-
5 years ago#2
Tried the troubleshooter?
http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-360/troubleshoot/hardware/disc-drive-wizard.aspx
5 years ago#3
I hadn't tried it until you posted that link. Having tried all that has pretty much confirmed my suspicion that the drive is garbage now.

Thanks. :(
5 years ago#4
Have you tried using a DVD cleaning kit? They are dirt cheap and fixed the problem for me.
5 years ago#5
You might give this a shot. I can't vouch for this method personally, but it seemed to work for many people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOehFQmnFME
5 years ago#6
RycerX posted...
You might give this a shot. I can't vouch for this method personally, but it seemed to work for many people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOehFQmnFME

Tried it, No results.

Stubee88 posted...
Have you tried using a DVD cleaning kit? They are dirt cheap and fixed the problem for me.

Upon reading that i acutally went to wal-mart and got one. The Xbox wouldn't recognize the disc.

Also, I feel that is quite conveinent for my Xbox to have some problems a mere 11 days after my warranty was up.

Don't know what to do as i cant afford to have it repaired or replaced. I'm even thinking about trying a switcharoo at walmart. (don't judge me.)
5 years ago#7
In those circumstances, even my white knighting ass wouldn't judge you.
Gabrius ~Hedro, tank you for cawling xbox suppaaart, my neem is THOMAS, hawl cun I heeelp you?
5 years ago#8
Not only that, 4 days ago i bought a 12 month subscription from the dashboard which i am unable to reap the benefits of.

I feel like Microsoft is trying to bend me over.
(message deleted)
5 years ago#10
I still hate M$ and during the next generation of systems i'm going with a sony..

lol.

I feel for you. But Sony? Let me tell you about that.

Just after one year, my PS3 drive dies. $187 to fix it. So now that's $687 spent. 2 years later it dies completely. Had to buy a new system, $300. $987 and all I have is one PS3 and a brick to show for it.

Had I done the same thing with a 360 you'd be looking at $300 for the system, a free repair for up to 3 years or a $100 repair, or you could replace it for $200. Much cheaper.

And you'd have no problem getting your data back. With a dead PS3 you're screwed if you don't have a current backup of your data.

So good luck with that. Did you even try to get it fixed or did you just assume that your warranty was expired?
As Above, So Below
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. My slim has stopped reading my disks..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived