This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Amazon is running an all game gold box today

#1DarkKnghtAnonPosted 7/26/2011 8:43:55 AM
The deal of the day is:
Brink for any system, $20 (this games price dropped fast)

heres the list of gold box deals (all times listed are pacific standard):

6:00 am
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - $40

9:00 am
Play the role of a US Marine sniper tasked with aiding in the liberation of a Latin American island nation from the oppression.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior?

11:00 am
The highly anticipated sequel to the fastest-selling Star Wars game ever created.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II?

2:00 pm
Have fun and get fit!
this could be any number of wii or kinect games

4:00 pm
Jazz Jackrabbit's (fairly) distant cousin
Not sure about this one either? Any guesses?

5:00 pm
Arcade style fighting on your Xbox 360
Super street fighter 4 AE?

7:00pm (my most anticipated one)
The bugs are back
EDF Insect Armageddon? Although some people are joking that its Fallout: New Vegas.
---
pics (murals included) http://www.flickr.com/photos/33208775@N04/?saved=1
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/shadowmoses05.png
#2ARsignal11Posted 7/26/2011 8:46:35 AM
Is Brink worth $20? Haven't heard the best things about that game.

How's the multiplayer community? Still active?
#3Cinn_kentsu89Posted 7/26/2011 8:48:50 AM
Brink, super street fighter, and edf have me interested.
---
GT: CleansingMoon
#4DarkKnghtAnon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2011 8:49:03 AM
Im kinda wondering the same thing about that game, waiting for my one friend that bought it to sign in online so I can ask him. $20 for a game that came out a month ago seems like a good deal. I don't know if it dropped in price so fast because it was under advertised or it just sucks and no one bought it.
---
pics (murals included) http://www.flickr.com/photos/33208775@N04/?saved=1
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/shadowmoses05.png
#5darkshadowmasterPosted 7/26/2011 8:50:36 AM
ARsignal11 posted...

No. It had such potential but was crushed by it's lack of content. Granted I purchased it on PC so I don't know how active the community is on the console I know that the PC community died off pretty quickly. It was the same few modes on the same few maps over & over. I absolutely loved hopping around on my light medic/spy but the game got incredibly old incredibly fast.

As much as I would love to say great things about this game because I think it could have been absolutely amazing if they would have had more content, I cannot bring myself to say that it is worth the purchase. Which is sad because I would love to see another game like this done correctly & not feel like it was rushed out the door.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#6BuckVanHammerPosted 7/26/2011 8:51:59 AM
if you got some friends to play with brink isn't bad at 20 bucks. otherwise i'd pass on it. it doesn't have much content and it was plagued with bad matchmaking. guess they could of fixed it by now but after a week with the game i had enough really.
---
after I leave here I'm gettin a memory enema
#7RycerXPosted 7/26/2011 8:52:53 AM
I have a feeling that arcade deal is a fight stick.
#8ARsignal11Posted 7/26/2011 8:53:28 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
ARsignal11 posted...

No. It had such potential but was crushed by it's lack of content. Granted I purchased it on PC so I don't know how active the community is on the console I know that the PC community died off pretty quickly. It was the same few modes on the same few maps over & over. I absolutely loved hopping around on my light medic/spy but the game got incredibly old incredibly fast.

As much as I would love to say great things about this game because I think it could have been absolutely amazing if they would have had more content, I cannot bring myself to say that it is worth the purchase. Which is sad because I would love to see another game like this done correctly & not feel like it was rushed out the door.

Ah, I see. Thanks for your input, buddy. That's what I keep hearing. The game had a lot of potential, but it was never tapped into properly. Oh well, what can you do? I'll probably pass on the deal then and save my money for something else.
#9Justice98405Posted 7/26/2011 8:53:33 AM
Anyone know if the console versions of Brink have split-screen co-op?
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 7/26/2011 8:54:56 AM
Brink had some great concepts but the execution was pretty flawed. Free DLC is due out before the end of the month, to add some content and levels, but I don't see it fixing anything-- at this point it's possible to find 4v4 games, but not 8v8, which is really what the levels are designed for. I'm only holding on to my copy to check out the new content-- if enough things aren't addressed, I'm getting rid of it.

The new EDF is a blast, though, and surprisingly addictive.
---
Everything's better with zombies. Except pie.