This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GAEMS G155 Portable Gaming Console - Worth Buying?

#1Bizarro_SanchoPosted 7/26/2011 6:19:48 PM(edited)
http://gear.ign.com/articles/117/1179295p1.html

Just saw this on X Play too. Just the idea of finally taking my xbox 360 S or a PS3 slim (which I don't have at the moment, just a phat ps3) on the go sounds like my dream come true! But at $300, it's not for everyone. And it's heavy as hell too, 10 lbs by itself, and close to 15 - 20 lbs. with controller(s), console, and plug (or brick if you have a 360).

It also comes with a 15" 720P LCD HD screen with stereo speakers and dual audio inputs for 2 people to plug in headphone jacks. The only bad thing about the screen is the the viewing angles are pretty bad unless you're in reasonable range in front of the screen (think of an LCD laptop screen).

I'm really like this close to buying this from newegg, but I was wondering what you guys think of it. Or even better, if anyone from here has it and wants to gave their 2 cents on it would be even better. I checked it out on Amazon and overall, it has great reviews as well.

Thanks!

EDIT: THIS IS NOT A CONSOLE. It's a portable gaming CASE. Sorry for the confusion.
---
Bandwagon Met fans are about as real as "hardcore" Yankee fans... IN NYC!
#2IntranPosted 7/26/2011 6:07:24 PM
I don't know, is it?

I mean...no one can measure it's worth other than the person it's for, you.

It seems reasonable if you travel a lot or go between parents houses or friends houses days at a time.

But if your largest travel time is a week at the beach once a year, I can't find it a viable purchase. You'd be better off with a pure handheld gaming system.
---
GT - Intranquill
PSN - Lawlerftw
#3Bizarro_Sancho(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 6:44:58 AM
Bump
---
Bandwagon Met fans are about as real as "hardcore" Yankee fans... IN NYC!
#4Ginsu VictimPosted 7/27/2011 7:57:19 AM(edited)
If you want your system to overheat, go ahead. Just double the price of the unit now, because you'll be buying another console.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)