This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Mass Effect 2: Arrival worth it?

#11Halo_ForeverPosted 7/27/2011 2:00:12 AM
^Well they introduce a way to make ME2's story redundant, amongst other things.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#12TheodenPosted 7/27/2011 2:15:23 AM
ME1 and ME2 SPOILERS
Only if you make assumptions about the human reaper's purpose. We're never told what the plan was for it.

It doesn't make much sense that it was going to attack the Citadel again (if that's what you're getting at) which many seem to assume. Sovereign failed when it had Saren and a Geth army sneak attacking C-Sec. Why would they think the new Reaper would succeed when it doesn't even have that element of surprise?

Another unwarranted assumption people often make is that the end reveal of the Reapers en route to the Milky Way shows them starting up. It doesn't, they could have been on the way for years for all we know.
---
#13Halo_ForeverPosted 7/27/2011 4:55:16 AM
^Wasn't referring to that as ME2 itself managed to make that thing obsolete around 20 minutes after it was introduced.

spoiler for the Arrival.

I was more referring to them showing relays to be that sensitive, meaning that the entire problem with the Omega 4 relay could have been handled with a few asteroids and then the Collectors would have been cut off.
---
#14RaRitsujunPosted 7/27/2011 5:00:20 AM
does not even worth a cent
---
J > K > W
#15Captain_SorzoPosted 7/27/2011 5:10:42 AM
I was more referring to them showing relays to be that sensitive, meaning that the entire problem with the Omega 4 relay could have been handled with a few asteroids and then the Collectors would have been cut off.

Prior to Arrival, which is supposed to take place post-Suicide Mission, relays were thought to be indestructible. Besides, Omega is located in the same system as said relay. If the Council was worried about the political fallout caused by sending a single ship into the Terminus near the end of ME1, imagine the consequences of wiping out its unofficial capital.
---
Hallelujah! We're redeemed and made free; by the blood of the Lamb we have won. Hallelujah! We will sing victory: Jesus conquered the grave. God be praised!
#16Halo_ForeverPosted 7/27/2011 5:23:59 AM
Captain_Sorzo posted...

Prior to Arrival, which is supposed to take place post-Suicide Mission, relays were thought to be indestructible. Besides, Omega is located in the same system as said relay. If the Council was worried about the political fallout caused by sending a single ship into the Terminus near the end of ME1, imagine the consequences of wiping out its unofficial capital.

While that is true, in ME2 no one gives a crap about a Citadel Spectre flying around in a Cerberus vessel in the Terminus, despite this according to ME1 being the equivalent of breaking into a Yakuza meeting, taking a (literal) crap on everyone attending and then insulting their families.

Actually if you choose to become a Spectre again, they agree to it only if you stay in the Terminus Systems. And since such an incident would be attributed to Cerberus rather than the Council...
---