This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox beeping at me.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox beeping at me.
4 years ago#1
Turned on my xbox a while ago and it started beeping at me, now my discs are unreadable. Just reached the end of my warranty to replace the disc drive. Am i screwed or is there a way to fix this. This would be my 7th xbox replacement, and 3rd time i have had to pay to get it fixed. I always keep it on a cool surface horizontal, never mistreat it. Just a little mad.
---
GT- jbike255
Became a sage 6/25/2011
4 years ago#2
does the disc drive actually read the disc or does it just say open tray even with a game inside the drive?
4 years ago#3
Open trey :(
---
GT- jbike255
Became a sage 6/25/2011
4 years ago#4
You paid to get it fixed three times?

Why not instead go buy a new one because this one wants to die.
---
the angles are all wrong now,
she's ripping wings off of butterflies.
4 years ago#5
I should have a while back, but now if i buy a new one my hard drive will be useless and i would have to go for the 250$ version. The repairs to the disc drive are 99$, and it figures that i just spent 1500$ for school today, so I am looking to save money.
---
GT- jbike255
Became a sage 6/25/2011
4 years ago#6
geez, 7 xbox's thats just bad luck
---
"Dude nevermind. You simply dont have the cognitive capacity to comprehend whats going on here."-xXHighBoostXx
4 years ago#7
Beep back
---
live hard and die free
4 years ago#8
Feed it a poptart or 6
---
The only thing Internet Explorer is good for is downloading Google Chrome or Firefox, and it's not that great at either. -- Vile_Weavile
4 years ago#9
jbike25 posted...
Turned on my xbox a while ago and it started beeping at me, now my discs are unreadable. Just reached the end of my warranty to replace the disc drive. Am i screwed or is there a way to fix this. This would be my 7th xbox replacement, and 3rd time i have had to pay to get it fixed. I always keep it on a cool surface horizontal, never mistreat it. Just a little mad.

You need to learn to take care of your systems then if you've gone through that many.
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://www.zreomusic.com/Zelda25.jpg =-= http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v965tv&s=7
4 years ago#10
Ryan2002 posted...
jbike25 posted...

You need to learn to take care of your systems then if you've gone through that many.

I had to send my launch 360 in for repair and got a refurb, then that one crapped out on me, this happened 3 more times for a total of 5 systems

I take perfect care of my systems (well ventilated, dust often)

I finally caved in and bought an elite about 2 years ago and have had no problem since

the early systems were just poorly made, plain and simple
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Xbox beeping at me.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived