This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Last renmant or infinite discovery?

#1tmoney2580Posted 7/27/2011 2:11:27 AM
For a while now I can't tell which one is better I want to buy one of them today which one is better?
#2FocianPosted 7/27/2011 2:20:31 AM
I really liked TLR when it first came out, but going back to it recently, I'm struggling to see why. It has some cool concepts such as guiding your team as opposed to ordering them, big large scale battles and a couple of decent characters, Emma kicked ass!

That being said, there are a number of game breaking issues with it from bizarre leveling, missions being incompletable and an absolute necessity to install it.

IU I really couldn't get on with too well either. This was more of a dislike from the beginning, but I stuck with it, got a bit through the second disc and still didn't 'click' with it.

I would say The Last Remnant, but not by much. I wuld certainly say, however, to look at a few youtube videos and see if you have a preference for either from them.
---
GT/PSN: Focian-
People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. Chaos is born from loving things, and using people.
#3SuperSuikodenPosted 7/27/2011 2:22:07 AM
I like both but I recommend IU.
---
1 line break(s), 160 characters allowed
#4KOTRwhoopsPosted 7/27/2011 4:53:35 AM
I enjoyed Infinite Undiscovery far more, the gameplay is ok and the game has a half decent story. THe main problem though is the rushed feel towards the end of the game. But I enjoyed it.

The Last Remnant was good but the backwards overly complicated battle system and leveling mechanics made it game breaking for me, I wouldn't recommend it based on just that. If you are a massive JRPG fan and are happy to read up on the horrific progession system then it may be for you.
---
PLAYING - Xenogears (PS1), Resident Evil 3: Nem (PS1), Gears Of War 2 (360)
MOST WANTED - Final Fantasy XIII-2 & Versus XIII, Silent Hill 8, TESV: Skyrim.
#5RPG_ApostlePosted 7/27/2011 4:57:18 AM
This question is like asking what's more enjoyable,

Getting kicked in the nuts or being punched in the ass?
---
"Dragon Age 2 will last a while and with that head injury there is a chance you might enjoy it" -seb03
#6DahlVaughnniPosted 7/27/2011 6:04:45 AM
Neither of them are good on xbox, but TLR was revamped and moved tot he PC, and it's a LOT better. A lot was changed that made combat more enjoyable.
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#7Shy420Posted 7/27/2011 6:15:14 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...

I'm thinking being punched in the ass would be a lot less painful then getting a nut punch. You'll understand more once they drop.

Joking, settle down I had to put that last part it was funny and insulting a gamefaqs staple.
---
"Things aren't different. Things are just things." -Wintermute
#8RPG_ApostlePosted 7/27/2011 6:16:39 AM
Shy420 posted...
RPG_Apostle posted...

I'm thinking being punched in the ass would be a lot less painful then getting a nut punch. You'll understand more once they drop.

Joking, settle down I had to put that last part it was funny and insulting a gamefaqs staple.

Ha, I like it too much to be pissed. +1 for Shy. lol
---
"Dragon Age 2 will last a while and with that head injury there is a chance you might enjoy it" -seb03
#9HellHole_Posted 7/27/2011 7:34:20 AM
I enjoyed IU until I got stuck in that idiotic teleporting forest made by moronic bastards.

Sold it, never want to see it again.
---
the angles are all wrong now,
she's ripping wings off of butterflies.
#10desert_santaPosted 7/27/2011 7:40:25 AM
HellHole_ posted...
I enjoyed IU until I got stuck in that idiotic teleporting forest made by moronic bastards.

Sold it, never want to see it again.

I thought IU was good and the TLR was just okay.

IU does have some frustrating moments like the poster I quoted but overall the story was fairly good and there were some good ideas(if done badly).

I found TLR's story to be decent enough but nothing really pushed me to keep going. Plus the change in difficulty spikes frustrated me and the average battle could end up being really long. Pretty unique though.

My vote goes to IU.