This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

should XBOX 360 get N64 type expansion deck/pack?

#1beyondfromPosted 7/27/2011 12:27:47 PM
The N64 had a slot on it that you put a small box cartridge in when a certain game came out. I think it was Perfect Dark. It made the console more powerfull. But the XBOX has no conveniant slot. But it could mean a relatively cheap way to boost the console untill the next one and give higher player counts on online games. Now you point out why bad idea? I'm rambling.
#2untouchable010Posted 7/27/2011 12:31:28 PM
Bad idea. Why? I'd rather time and money be spent on the next system and making it as good as it can be without any hardware problems with enough to compete with PC games for years to come. Will it happen? Who knows. But Xbox 360 is still going strong and the games on it looks great still and to me compare just fine with the high standard of PC games these days. Yes, I know there's a difference if you have the money for the high-end PC but it's just not enough these days to warrant the money spending.

Expansion pack to the 360? I don't think it's even possible? All we really need is more RAM for better texture details and to handle more stuff going on in the games. That's all I care about for upgrades at the moment...
---
I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings.
#3TheMuffinPosted 7/27/2011 12:37:58 PM
That isn't possible.
---
Gabrius ~Hedro, tank you for cawling xbox suppaaart, my neem is THOMAS, hawl cun I heeelp you?
#4ShineboxerPosted 7/27/2011 12:38:16 PM
Did we not learn anything from the sega 32x and sega cd?
#5airfoemoePosted 7/27/2011 1:33:35 PM
I want that as a feature for the next Xbox. Xbox 360 is really old and an expansion wouldn't do much for it.
---
http://www.schtserv.com/connect.php
^ go here if u wanna play Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube, Dreamcast,and PC (for free)
#6TreewallerPosted 7/27/2011 1:37:23 PM
The expansion pack doubled the N64's RAM, which the 360 could certainly use but I doubt it's possible.
---
"Hey Sockbaby! You wanna food up with us or what?!"
Game o' the Moment: Hannah Montana - The Movie Game
#7FoppePosted 7/27/2011 1:45:49 PM
The N64 was developed with the expansion port in mind, so they could double the RAM in the future.
Thinking about it , most of Nintendo consoles have been developed with expansion ports...
Anyway, the Xbox 360 was not developed with expansions in mind, so it's impossible to simply add more RAM to it.
Microsoft could release a new SKU with a RAM expansion port...
...which would result in only people with newly bought systems could use it. Which means games developers would not add support for it, because just a few of users would even have the possibility to use it.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#8beyondfrom(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 1:49:02 PM
They could make it a criminal offense not to own the expansion pack.
#9FoppePosted 7/27/2011 1:50:33 PM
Which would result in people whining how they are forced to buy a new SKU and a expensive addon just to play a new game.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#10knightimexPosted 7/27/2011 8:15:56 PM
it's extremely impossible to do without voiding your warranty, legal issues, actual knowledge of installation, etc etc etc.

No it's not going to happen.
it's about as likely to happen as Obama getting re-elected.

/topic
---
I hate to admit it, but I'm a graphics whore in denial.