This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Scratched discs?

#1Yo_ShankstaPosted 7/27/2011 8:50:50 PM
I have had NCAA 12 since it was released which wasn't long ago, and there are some tiny scratches on it already. The game freezes at the loading screen every time I try to play it. I don't know if it is because of the scratches or not. FIFA 11 has some scratches, but instead of freezing I get the disc unreadable message. Is it the scratches that causes the freezing, and if so what's the best way to clean the disc.
---
New York Jets
#2tazerhaterPosted 7/27/2011 11:01:46 PM
Spread toothpaste from the center out and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Rinse it off and then dry it off.
---
The only thing Internet Explorer is good for is downloading Google Chrome or Firefox, and it's not that great at either. -- Vile_Weavile
#3nozomi429Posted 7/27/2011 11:56:42 PM
tazerhater posted...
Spread toothpaste from the center out and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Rinse it off and then dry it off.

Wait, does this really work? I have a Wii disc that's so scuffed that it won't work...
---
Nozomi. Zombie.
#4tazerhaterPosted 7/28/2011 8:58:24 AM
nozomi429 posted...
tazerhater posted...

Wait, does this really work? I have a Wii disc that's so scuffed that it won't work...

Yeah i've done it multiple times. The only case where it doesn't work is when you have that deep ring from moving the xbox while it's playing.
---
The only thing Internet Explorer is good for is downloading Google Chrome or Firefox, and it's not that great at either. -- Vile_Weavile
#5gipp21Posted 7/28/2011 9:52:24 AM
NCAA 12 just has some general freezing issues. If you have named rosters, you are supposed to delete them because some are corrupt. Also, clear your cache as the game came with a faulty update that causes freezing issues in the game