This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good current, or upcoming MP games, that aren't FPS's.

#1AnatomyHorrorPosted 7/27/2011 9:50:31 PM(edited)
Just so sick and tired of getting together with my friends and family and playing CoD and other shooters.

So far, all I can think of are, Dead Island (FPS but, more melee oriented, and not as competitive or connection based), LOTR: War in the North, and Crimson Alliance.

Anyone got any other ideas? Also preferably not racing games, as most of my buddies don't like them.

*And something that atleast 3 people can play.

Thanks for any recommendations.
---
Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/anatomy2k7
-Recently released video game vids made by me- (Witcher2, Fear3, Dirt3)newest
#2darkharePosted 7/27/2011 10:17:18 PM
my brother and i get into some mean games of Civilization Revolution, were also pretty competitive with FightNight4
---
all 360 games should have a demo. lets put revieweres out of business.
#3darkharePosted 7/27/2011 10:23:52 PM
ah crap i forgot to mention RUSE, imo its the best rts on the 360 at the moment, CivRev being the best tbs on the 360 (of course my opinion).
---
#4That1GuyyPosted 7/27/2011 10:28:20 PM
Gears of War 3 and supposedly Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine. Might only be 2 player, though. Those are both third person shooters.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#5DahlVaughnniPosted 7/27/2011 10:40:11 PM
Dark Souls, Torchlight 2 (might come to xbla if TL1 on xbla has good enough sales), Assassin's creed Revelations. Can't think of any more at the moment.
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#6KOTRwhoopsPosted 7/27/2011 10:47:19 PM
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City - As a big RE fan I was ver skeptical but the latest vids look amazing.

Not out until Q1 2012 though.
---
PLAYING - Xenogears (PS1), Resident Evil 3: Nem (PS1), Gears Of War 2 (360)
MOST WANTED - Final Fantasy XIII-2 & Versus XIII, Silent Hill 8, TESV: Skyrim.
#7nozomi429Posted 7/27/2011 10:48:19 PM
Assassin's Creed: Revelations?

Are we talking just FPSs or all shooters?
---
Nozomi. Zombie.
#8SpaceCadetttPosted 7/27/2011 10:48:38 PM
Dirt 3, FIFA 12, RAGE (driving as well as FPS)
---
http://www.gifsoup.com/view2/1887678/lingerie-o.gif
#9AnatomyHorror(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 11:11:37 PM(edited)
So in Dark Souls, 3 people can actually group up and do dungeons or whatever they're called in that game? I played Demons Souls briefly, and I don't remember being able to do that.

And yeah, TPS/FPS they're both pretty much the same just a different viewpoint and in one of'em you usually can't jump. Not looking forward to those, well I am, but really only the single player. Warhammer's MP looks so laughably horrible.

And Ruse looks like the type of strategy game that I hate, same with Civilization and all those other strategy games. I wish LOTR Battle for Middle Earth 2 still had servers online, because that's the kind of RTS game I like, not ruse BS.

Also thanks for the the FPS and Driving recommendations.

Can't really get into sports games either.

Guess that doesn't leave many options. I wish there were more beat'em up multiplayer games, or dungeon crawlers. Really hoping War in the North is amazing.
---
Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/anatomy2k7
-Recently released video game vids made by me- (Witcher2, Fear3, Dirt3)newest
#10darkharePosted 7/27/2011 11:14:49 PM
you liked LOTR Battle for Middle Earth better then RUSE? ok ya this has to be a joke topic... and if it isnt i cant take you seriously.
---