This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about the "avoid" stat on your profile

#1ssjmatthewPosted 7/27/2011 11:05:49 PM
hey guys, new to the whole online gaming thing and I was wondering. I got xbox live for black ops, that was pretty much the only game I played daily on live, I didnt camp, usually just ran around and shot people when I saw them, didnt have a mic so I couldnt "trash talk" or anything, I was generally pretty laid back while playing.

Anyway, I was messing around in my profile and noticed I have a 84% avoid rating. Does this is any way impact the likelyhood of getting a ban or suspension? I have no idea what I could of done to make so many people hate me, Thanks in advance for any input!
---
There's something you might not know about me joe rogan.......I smoke rocks!
#2Doom2006Posted 7/27/2011 11:09:03 PM
There's really no reason for it to exist. It does absolutely nothing. At all.
---
GT: WelcomedDread
"We walk by a shoe store and it's like a fly going to a fly zapper." - mario_pot about his girlfriend
#3lostnumberwarPosted 7/27/2011 11:09:45 PM
Were you so "laid back" that you just logged off in the middle of a match if it became boring to you. If you did that's why.
---
Break out the marshmallows boys and girls.
burn me at the stake.
#4Sportsgamer97Posted 7/27/2011 11:10:04 PM
Sadly, if you reach 90% avoidyou get banned but not that long i think. Have you been hacking, TC?
---
I just play for fun!
#5darkharePosted 7/27/2011 11:10:50 PM
watch the videos on xbl in the how too section i believe, apparently the avoid button is supposed to give you a less chance of being pared with that person in multiplayer games.
---
all 360 games should have a demo. lets put revieweres out of business.
#6ssjmatthew(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 11:36:41 PM(edited)
Sportsgamer97 posted...
Sadly, if you reach 90% avoidyou get banned but not that long i think. Have you been hacking, TC?

I dont even know how to hack, hell I didnt even know how to connect my system up to online until a buddy of mine did it for me, and I always stayed in games to get the exp. Im not a hardcore online player, I just played for fun, when I had the time play. So, 90% and you get a ban? Jeez, I wish I at least knew what I was doing wrong, I dont have much free cash, with a family and everything. I dont relish the idea of getting banned from something im paying for, for no reason at all.
---
#7The_Hungry_OnePosted 7/27/2011 11:39:20 PM
Nobody gets banned for having an "avoid" rating of 90%.

Don't worry too much, TC, it's just some sore loser(s) who are too feeble-minded to accept it's just a game.

When I first started playing online, the first game I played was Dead or Alive 4. Apparently, alot of people didn't like the ass-kicking they got, even though I was alot fairer than those that play Kasumi or Ayane.
---
"You... me... bu... erm... - wow you just blew my mind more than a hooker going down on a shotgun"-HulkxxxSMASH
#8doctorchimpPosted 7/27/2011 11:39:47 PM
Sportsgamer97 posted...

Not true....

I was pushing past 90 when I played Gears heavily before party chat. I didn't even get a warning....
---
Xbox LIVE: C IH I IM IP
PSN: DoctorChimp
#9ssjmatthew(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 11:41:16 PM
oh ok, thats good to hear, Ive never given anyone a prefer or avoid, I just play. I cant believe that many people have the time to go through the GTs and avoid people. Makes me look like an ass to other gamers though, as evidenced by the accusations of quitting and hacking lol
---
#10Ryan2002Posted 7/27/2011 11:43:13 PM
Sportsgamer97 posted...

Confirmed that this is untrue. What if you play a game with 1 other gamer, and they "avoid" you for whatever reason. That puts you at 100% avoided right there, until you play with somebody else, so they can't "ban" you for that. Avoided could be due to lack of communication since you don't have a mic either. Again, this avoid/prefer thing really has no impact on anything.
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://www.zreomusic.com/Zelda25.jpg =-= http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v965tv&s=7