This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about System Linking (Halo related)

#1Oldskool_RulezPosted 7/28/2011 5:10:16 AM(edited)
All right, I have a strange question that somehow came into my head while trying to get that freaking Scarab Gun in Halo 2. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows if the Halo: Combat Evolved from Games On Demand still has the System Link option. If it does, I have an interesting question, I think.

If someone has Halo:CE(On Demand) on their Xbox 360, can they System Link with an original Xbox to play together? I'm pretty sure it would work, but then again... that's why I came here to ask if anyone has tried this yet.

In general, can you connect an Xbox and a Xbox 360 through System Link to play together? (Only Original Xbox games of course)
---
There is a new mission objective -
Kill Leon
#2DJ_GunnerPosted 7/28/2011 5:11:34 AM
Yes.
---
"Aren't you the guy that bought expensive HDMI cables claiming cheap ones funded terrorism?" -The Killer 5
#3MestizoFreakPosted 7/28/2011 5:14:33 AM
I believe the Xbox classic games run through hardware emulation. The 360 will simulate the original Xbox, retaining all of it's original features. LAN parties would still be possible, though the online servers were shut down.
#4FoppePosted 7/28/2011 5:24:01 AM
MestizoFreak posted...
I believe the Xbox classic games run through hardware emulation. The 360 will simulate the original Xbox, retaining all of it's original features. LAN parties would still be possible, though the online servers were shut down.

It's software emulation.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5Oldskool_Rulez(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 5:38:56 AM
Cool, thanks for the answers. I might have to try linking systems with my brother some time. Now the only thing I'll need to find out is which System Link games are Backwards Compatible. I'm pretty sure Doom 3 works on 360, but Doom 3:ROE won't work.
---
There is a new mission objective -
Kill Leon
#6CapwnDPosted 7/28/2011 7:36:01 AM
The only game that I know of that doesn't work system linked on the 360 (but does on the xbox) is Brute Force. Which is odd, it's an MS game. Halo for sure works. Used to do that in the early days of 360 before Halo 3.
---
I live in a constant state of Deja Vu. Didn't I mention this once before?