This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Orcs Must Die!

#1RycerXPosted 7/28/2011 7:47:58 AM
Seen this on the dashboard this morning? The second I heard "tower defense" and "third-person shooter" in reference to this game, I immediately thought Trenched and Monday Night Combat, which were both an epic win in my book. And I have to say, this does look to follow that style of gameplay. It's these kinds of games like MNC, Trenched, Borderlands and Mirror's Edge that combine two completely different genres of video games and make it work as an entirely new genre unto itself. Already looking forward to this one, you guys?
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 7/28/2011 8:51:41 AM
Meh, not really. Trenched is good, and I had fun for a while with MNC, but OMD doesn't look like it has that much to offer, and the humor sounded terrible (orcs asking if they can get their parking validated... uhg). I'm getting worn out on tower defense anyway.
---
Everything's better with zombies. Except pie.
#3snoopymarkPosted 7/28/2011 9:01:51 AM
I thought this topic was about LOTR or 40k. Im disappointed.
---
GT - snoopydoggy
#4Evel138Posted 7/28/2011 10:01:17 AM
I loved both MNC and Trenched.

I would say this game is more like Trenched afaik........however, unlike Trenched, it's singleplayer......like Trenched, you're setting up defenses (in this case it's environmental traps) to mow down waves of AI enemies before they overwhelm your base position of course.

I'm looking forward to it......have been since it was only confirmed as a PC release.......now that it's on XBLA- even better imho.
---
The bad guy. GT/PSN: Evel138
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/Evel138/Skull.jpg
#5TheGreatOne023Posted 7/28/2011 10:30:16 AM
It looks pretty good, but the lack of any multiplayer modes is inexcusable. The game is a single player game that begs for a cooperative mode on XBL and I think that is really going to hurt the game's chances for reasonable success.

If Trenched was single player only, it wouldn't be worth a download at all, regardless of the development pedigree.
---
XBL Gamertag: TheGreatOne023
TGO - Seemingly able to kill a topic with a single post.
#6RycerX(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 10:41:53 AM
What?!! I didn't catch that about a lack of multiplayer. Fail, indeed.