This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that use rain

#1TheStattlerPosted 7/28/2011 10:23:33 AM
Almost as the title says.

What games on the 360 would you say use rain well to create atmosphere? Looking at getting a couple of games in the next couple of days and really feel the need for some good atmospheric rain.
---
Stattox.....REBORN!
#2deadrevelPosted 7/28/2011 10:24:53 AM
Deadly Premonition is the correct answer.
#3TheStattler(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 10:26:43 AM
deadrevel posted...
Deadly Premonition is the correct answer.

Got it, played it, loved it but only just finished it again which is sort of what got me to make this topic.
---
Stattox.....REBORN!
#4Arucard05Posted 7/28/2011 10:30:46 AM
Red Dead Redemption and GTAIV both have amazing rain.
---
You should buy Beyond Good and Evil HD. Seriously, please?
#5Ginsu VictimPosted 7/28/2011 10:33:05 AM
Yeah, RDR and GTAIV for sure, and add Left 4 Dead 2.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#6TheStattler(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 10:33:52 AM
Arucard05 posted...
Red Dead Redemption and GTAIV both have amazing rain.

Anything where most of the game is set on a rainy day? That's what I liked about the old GTAs, the cheats where you could make it rain all the time.
---
Stattox.....REBORN!
#7RycerXPosted 7/28/2011 10:34:15 AM
Aliens vs Predator makes incredible use of rain in the DLC survival map called Tempest. I think it's the only map in the whole damn game to feature any form of abnormal weather whatsoever. But as you progress through the waves of aliens as a colonial marine, the rain outside the compound area you're defending gets heavier to the point where in the later stages you can barely see a few feet out, let alone an approaching alien until 10 of them are right on top of you. Very gritty and atmospheric map. I wouldn't say it's worth the full price of the game, but it's certainly one of its stronger points.
#8takidigits2005Posted 7/28/2011 10:34:51 AM
Silent Hill: Downpour, if it ever comes out this year.
---
"You know I can't play without a GUI -TAR string, n-n-n-n-n-nephew!!!" --- Uncle Pecos
#9Arucard05Posted 7/28/2011 10:37:08 AM

Anything where most of the game is set on a rainy day?

Heavy Rain? lol

That's what I liked about the old GTAs, the cheats where you could make it rain all the time.

Man I wish I could do that in every game.
---
Our only enemy is the status quo. Our only friend is chaos.
#10da_StoOgePosted 7/28/2011 10:42:21 AM
Times Shift
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Gears of War
God of War 3 (PS3)

They're the main ones I can think of. Just Cause 2 has some amazing thunder storms, and MGS2 HD is coming out soon, and that game has the best stormy weather scene ever IMO.

Another scene that stands out is the rain in ICO. That's due out in HD soon too (PS3 only).
---
Rest in peace Jason. I'll miss you man.