This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

this year really made me an actual gamer/blogfaqs

#1schendelscandalPosted 7/28/2011 6:38:47 PM
It all started out by me trying to help my little brother out by getting a joint Gamefly membership to save him some $$$, but now I can't stop gaming. Before this year I played all the NCAA and Madden games as well as the numerous other big sports titles. I also played Black Ops and Halo just so me and my brother can bond while I'm away at school.

Now though, I've played through L.A. Noire, Brink, MK, Portal 2, Crysis 2, DA 2. Games I'd never even consider before. I've also bought ME2 & GTA4. I keep adding to my preorder list. Aside from picking up my annual NCAA football copy I owe E3 to getting me hyped for 5 other titles I've already paid for and can't wait to get my hands on too! Tropico 4, Dead Island, Kinect Sports Season 2, MW3 & of course ES: Skryim.

Heck I'm even excited for minecraft on xbox!

Just wanted to share all! I hope 2011 has you as excited for gaming as I am! Also if anyone has any other game recommendations feel free to share! I'll give them atleast a Gamefly rent.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.6
#2LP570Posted 7/28/2011 6:46:01 PM
video games are a part of my life now, it's great to see that there are other people in the same position.

video games profits are surpassing box office profits! can you believe it?!
#3liquidblue4Posted 7/28/2011 8:23:42 PM
we all have to start somewhere
---
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4
#4ShadowRisaePosted 7/28/2011 9:57:15 PM
Machine500 posted...

video games profits are surpassing box office profits! can you believe it?!

I've always felt like they should. Movie tickets can cost around $10 now. Most people tend to go with at least one other person. Some people also buy the expensive popcorn and soda. That can easily add up to $30+ for one movie.

However, you can get games like GOTY Fallout 3 that has many hours of gameplay time for $20.
---
Insert witty signature here
#5SODISPosted 7/28/2011 10:04:38 PM
If VG profits are surpassing box office profits, then why are the big publishers so up in arms against the used-game industry. That's....perplexing.
---
NIER
#6schendelscandal(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2011 10:53:55 PM
Simply greed, but you can't blame them. Business is always out to make the most you can.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.6
#7PrealienkingPosted 7/28/2011 11:02:38 PM
Mainly greed, but to give them the benefit of the doubt, most publishers publish games that don't sell very well. They account that to used sales, instead of their own lack of publishing and efficient pricing that the publisher should provide.

Mirrors Edge? Awesome game. Semi-decent marketing. Too much for a lot of people. I got my money's worth, but a lot of people didn't. Had it been 20 to 30 dollars, then I bet it would have sold a lot more.
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)
#8SODISPosted 7/28/2011 11:14:26 PM
I can understand smaller pubs like NIS or Atlus doing it, but so far only the big name pubs are doing it and we all know they make enough money (before DLC).
---
NIER
#9DuwstaiPosted 7/28/2011 11:39:47 PM
Video games are the only reason I wake up in the morning. I only eat, crap, and sleep so I can continue video gaming.
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA, H2K CoBrA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
#10PrealienkingPosted 7/28/2011 11:42:43 PM
Duwstai posted...
Video games are the only reason I wake up in the morning. I only eat, crap, and sleep so I can continue video gaming.

I can relate to this...

My fourth grade year. Fell on my porch and bit threw my lip, whilst busting teeth off into my lower lip. Parents got divorced. Best friend broke his neck and almost died. Best friend then moved away.

Used video games to hide myself from the world. Couldn't handle any more crap that year. Just looked back on that and realized: god, no wonder I was a social wreck until High School. I lived in video games.
---
Currently Working on - War of the Forsaken(working title)