This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

this year really made me an actual gamer/blogfaqs

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. this year really made me an actual gamer/blogfaqs
4 years ago#21
yeah I agree...video games kept me out of alot of stuff
---
"Human history is a litany of blood, shed over ideals of rulership and afterlife."-Legion
4 years ago#22
I wouldn't say it got me out of anything, but it probably helped me get out of situations that could of got me into something bad. My "mate" was smoking weed and I don't think he is doing anything except for drinking and weed. Me on the other hand, I am studying at home, I get along with my parents, always go out for a drink, have a laugh. Me and my brother get along pretty well, yeh he can be a pain, but we game, talk about games, etc.

If we didn't game, we wouldn't really talk at all lol. I'm 19 at the moment, got a part time job to fund my gaming, my studying and whatever else I need. So I'm just mainly concentrating on studying and gaming lol. It's sad, but I hardly have a social life, it's pretty much non-exisistant. My parents were quite strict, so I was unable to go to places with my mates. Now I hardly see my mates.

When I was at school, I had mates, we had a laugh, but because I didn't have a phone or anything, it's hard to keep in touch. Especially when you all enjoy completely different things to each other. I also went to college, but left after a couple of months because it was just a waste of time, so we weren't really proper mates at the time.

If it weren't for games, I don't think I would be as enthusiastic about my studying and really determined to be something in the future.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
4 years ago#23
schendelscandal posted...
Video games keeping people of drugs and out of trouble. Too bad the media doesn't portray video games to be a means of "getting away" from everyday issues.

I don't entirely agree with this. Video games are as addictive as drugs and alcohol, especially for young people and people with addictive personalities. I know my life would be in a better situation right now if it wasn't for the countless hours i have put into games over the years. Video games are also one of the most expensive hobbies out there.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. this year really made me an actual gamer/blogfaqs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived