This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

this year really made me an actual gamer/blogfaqs

#21JrTapia1991Posted 7/29/2011 3:34:50 AM
yeah I agree...video games kept me out of alot of stuff
---
"Human history is a litany of blood, shed over ideals of rulership and afterlife."-Legion
#22LapanuiPosted 7/29/2011 4:11:12 AM
I wouldn't say it got me out of anything, but it probably helped me get out of situations that could of got me into something bad. My "mate" was smoking weed and I don't think he is doing anything except for drinking and weed. Me on the other hand, I am studying at home, I get along with my parents, always go out for a drink, have a laugh. Me and my brother get along pretty well, yeh he can be a pain, but we game, talk about games, etc.

If we didn't game, we wouldn't really talk at all lol. I'm 19 at the moment, got a part time job to fund my gaming, my studying and whatever else I need. So I'm just mainly concentrating on studying and gaming lol. It's sad, but I hardly have a social life, it's pretty much non-exisistant. My parents were quite strict, so I was unable to go to places with my mates. Now I hardly see my mates.

When I was at school, I had mates, we had a laugh, but because I didn't have a phone or anything, it's hard to keep in touch. Especially when you all enjoy completely different things to each other. I also went to college, but left after a couple of months because it was just a waste of time, so we weren't really proper mates at the time.

If it weren't for games, I don't think I would be as enthusiastic about my studying and really determined to be something in the future.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
#23gaming_yakuzaPosted 7/29/2011 4:34:54 AM
schendelscandal posted...
Video games keeping people of drugs and out of trouble. Too bad the media doesn't portray video games to be a means of "getting away" from everyday issues.

I don't entirely agree with this. Video games are as addictive as drugs and alcohol, especially for young people and people with addictive personalities. I know my life would be in a better situation right now if it wasn't for the countless hours i have put into games over the years. Video games are also one of the most expensive hobbies out there.