This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you own all the top Racers this gen on the 360?

#1oasisbeyondPosted 7/29/2011 1:56:32 PM
If you don't I would like to mention that Split Second and Blur, Pure are now 19.99
The rest I don't need to mention, they were 19.99 for years now.
I own the top 15 best racers this gen, woot! lol
Except Dirt it's still fun price "Obviously. And Hot Pursuit is 29.99 on sale.
#2NinjuggalotusPosted 7/29/2011 1:57:07 PM
Nope, don't really care for racing games.
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
"C'mon Alex, you can do it! C'mon Alex, there's nothing to it!."
#3oasisbeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 2:01:20 PM
Good to know. I didn't like racers when younger, but they are sure fun to playing between other slower genres, or fps's. Funnest game I played this gen... Dirt 2.
#4AlecM2012Posted 7/29/2011 2:01:35 PM
I wouldn't consider them to be top racers really. The best are :

Forza 3 & 4
Race Driver Grid
F1 2010
PGR 4
---
Proud owner of a PSWii60
Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro -I'm Broda!
#5troubledsocietyPosted 7/29/2011 2:06:05 PM
Split/Second was okay. It was fun seeing some of the stuff/tracks get destroyed. Was a bit too arcadey for me though.

Pure was fun for a few hours. I got bored with it pretty quick. Some of the tricks are kind of cool and the environments of the tracks look good, but it really lacked that fun factor of the old SSX games that it tries to deliver.
---
Timesplitters 4 or bust
#6ATARIJAWAPosted 7/29/2011 2:06:36 PM
There are other types of racing games besides sim racers, alec. Just because that's what YOU like doesn't make them the best for everyone.
---
Sigging yourself, sad or awesome?
-- SuperHappyBomb
#7oasisbeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2011 2:07:14 PM
^ Yup... I didn't mention the other's cuz they are 19.99 for a long time now. But these just went, and they are fun, probably the most fun.
You like most sims, that's fine, but for fun... Hot Pursuit III, Dirt 2 blow many games away.
Like crashing? Burnout lol
#8RevZoomPosted 7/29/2011 2:09:08 PM
I borrowed Pure from a buddy a couple of years ago, played it for a weekend, and just sort of forgot about it. I was actually just thinking of picking up a copy. I think you can get it used for less than $5.

I'm really not much of a racing guy, but I've put more time into Blur than any other game I own. The only thing that comes close is Left 4 Dead (1 & 2)....

I just picked up Split/Second, I put a few hours into it. It can be frustrating, but also very rewarding.... We'll see if it keeps me interested.

I gotta add Burnout Revenge to your list, though... Considering the type of arcade-like racers you seem to be into. It's old for this generation, but such a blast to play.

----
#9ATARIJAWAPosted 7/29/2011 2:12:48 PM
If you can find a copy of Autobahn Polizei cheap I would recommend picking that up. It's a fun game. I also play World Of Outlaws a lot too. The online is kinda dead now though. The game was only 29.99 new so you can probably find it real cheap now.
---
Sigging yourself, sad or awesome?
-- SuperHappyBomb
#10AlecM2012Posted 7/29/2011 2:26:56 PM
ATARIJAWA posted...
There are other types of racing games besides sim racers, alec. Just because that's what YOU like doesn't make them the best for everyone.

My bad, wasn't trying to impose my opinion on anyone else so I'm sorry.

Also should've mentioned my fave racing game is actually Burnout 3: Takedown.
---
Proud owner of a PSWii60
Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro -I'm Broda!