This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So... people hate EA because....

#1mtjormitchPosted 7/30/2011 12:11:49 PM
They make good video games on a pretty good schedule.

To be quite honest, they are possibly the best big business game pub and dev out there now. They publish all of valves games. make Dead space games and even try out others such as brutal legend and mirrors edge (which they are making a 2 of.) They have dice and they make quality video games on a constant basis.

Also owning bioware has pretty much helped them and helped bioware on a constant basis now.

They are pretty much the anti activision.

Only bad thing they have done this gen was kill pandemic, but. to be quite honest, I don't think it was EA's fault in that matter, Mercenaries 2 was a buggy mess that WAS delayed quite a bit. Pandemic kinda, well, did it to themselves espicially with all the time they had.

I don't see why it's so bad about project 10 dollar either, it just sounds like alot of people like pirating or buying used and they needed a way to go against it. Project 10 dollar was easily the best way to do so right now. Hell, you are practically the enemy of devs if you do not like the service nowadays.

Also, I can kinda respect them for trying to compete with steam with origin. it'll take a while but i'm sure that if they can match steam prices they could compete later on.

I really don't see the stupid hatred from the whiners about them. at all.
---
People need to realize that games are art. seroiusly, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#2JJkulPosted 7/30/2011 12:14:00 PM
inb4 50+ posts disagreeing with TC
---
Gameplay matters, not graphics
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=jjkul
#3SquallWindbladePosted 7/30/2011 12:16:06 PM
People blame EA for silly things like the changes in Bioware games and Pluto's dis-planet-titlement (it was reinstated, thanks EA), without knowing a thing about how their business runs.

To be fair, this isn't a new phenomenon, and will likely never go away.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#4PrealienkingPosted 7/30/2011 12:19:23 PM(edited)
I don't see why it's so bad about project 10 dollar either, it just sounds like alot of people like pirating or buying used and they needed a way to go against it.

How is Project 10 dollar going to combat pirating...at all

Project 10 dollar was easily the best way to do so right now. Hell, you are practically the enemy of devs if you do not like the service nowadays.

Project 10 dollar was not the best way to handle it. Offer additional content for buying it new, don't take away from the game itself.

I do respect them for putting 3 day trials on all the games that project 10 dollar effects, though.
---
Currently Working on -
Warning: all posts after Midnight Central Time are a form of natural high that occurs due to lack of sleep.
#5Samuel 025Posted 7/30/2011 12:19:13 PM
SquallWindblade posted...
People blame EA for silly things like the changes in Bioware games and Pluto's dis-planet-titlement (it was reinstated, thanks EA), without knowing a thing about how their business runs.

To be fair, this isn't a new phenomenon, and will likely never go away.

No, it wasn't. Pluto is still considered a dwarf planet because we started discovering a lot of similarly sized objects past Pluto. Seeing as that size celestial body wasn't uncommon, it was demoted from official planet to dwarf planet. No changes have been made.
---
Dr. House and Dr. Cox should team up and cure everything.
"Drinking Santana champ, cause it's so crisp!"
#6bossk5Posted 7/30/2011 12:19:21 PM
Let me sum up what this topic will consist of so nobody will have to waste their time here.

People will disagree with the TC

TC will then throw his usual tantrum calling them names and proclaiming himself FAR more intelligent than they could ever hope to be while misspelling numerous words.

Turn....turn....turn
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where for some reason it's ok to bash Americans continually without fear of penalty. Mass Effect > Mass Effect 2
#7GM_Posted 7/30/2011 12:19:23 PM
So, I miss a game when it's new and then 2-5 years down the road I buy it used because it's near impossible to find it new if not impossible to find new at retail stores. I am then condemned and labeled on the same level as a pirate because my money didn't go to the developers. **** Everyone that thinks like that, seriously. Not only that but if I want to tap into the mp I have to pay 10 bucks and I also miss out on all additional dlc unless I pay 10 bucks.
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
#8MacDofGlasgowPosted 7/30/2011 12:21:13 PM
I don't hate EA. I think they should have let Bioware delay Dragon Age 2, but they aren't really and better or worse than most companies imo.
---
Backlog: Fable 3, Velvet Assassin, Halo Reach, Blue Dragon, Sacred 2, Risen, Mind Jack, SC:Conviction, X3
#9CapwnDPosted 7/30/2011 12:25:55 PM
To be quite honest, they are possibly the best big business game pub and dev out there now.

Too bad this topic couldn't have been viewed last gen. You probably would have been banned from gamefaqs for it.

They are pretty much the anti activision..

You mean Activision replaced EA as the big bad corporation that everybody hates. Just like COD replaced Halo and now takes all the Halo hate, much of the hate comes from pretentious anti-FPS gaming elitists anyways, regardless of the brand. Another chunk is the Battlefield BC fanboys who put on a pathetic display with their hate mongering.

I really don't see the stupid hatred from the whiners about them. at all.

Well one thing I'm not happy about is the Online Pass, but that's not just EA.
---
As Above, So Below
#10RyanBraun8Posted 7/30/2011 12:28:55 PM
I don't hate EA. I stopped playing Madden because I felt it wasn't evolving in a way that pleases hardcore football fans.

I've had a hard time giving a **** about every new gimicky addition they bust out each season while the AI, especially on defense is what needs the love. They did finally nail the physics and player animations somewhere around 07 and 08.

If 2kSports could get in on the NFL license, They'd be kicking EA's ass in football just as badly as they have been in basketball. I dont blame EA for the exclusive license, I blame the NFL.

But The Bioware RPG's have been fun stuff.