This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any Extreme Sports games?

#1BlazinBlue88Posted 7/30/2011 12:59:59 PM
Don't like to really refer to them as that but it's the best way I could describe them. Any games that have come out recently or future releases that are similar to Aggressive Inline, Dave Mirra's BMX 2, Tony Hawk? The only game I'm aware of is the new SSX game.
---
Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips? Whoa...
#2Arucard05Posted 7/30/2011 1:05:48 PM
Why don't you like to refer to them as that? That's what they are.
---
#3CourtofOwlsPosted 7/30/2011 1:18:14 PM
dirt 3 is a bit of a stretch but otherwise no,not recent ones
it's mostly racing but it has trick events and areas

there was MX vs. ATV alive a while ago but it's absolutely awful,especially when it comes to freestyle

shaun white skateboarding was before that,also not very good,not awful but not good

tony hawk's shred last year which was also apparently awful but you need the board from ride,also awful,to even play it so i wouldn't i know

have to go all the way back to skate 3 for the last good one

future,as you said SSX,i haven't heard of any others

and you could call them alternative sports games
---
Never,ever buy anything from Sony. 8 system failures,including the PS3 twice. 0 fixed by Sony.
I learned the hard way. This is here so you don't have to.
#4MegagutsPosted 7/30/2011 1:18:38 PM
Skate series and the Dirt series are the only two I can think of.
---
GT: ConfederateRokr
Go Dawgs!
#5Justice98405Posted 7/30/2011 1:38:39 PM
Skate 3 is AWESOME, and it adds my favorite move in stakeboarding, the Darkslide. It should be really cheap now as well.
I'm guessing you've been watching the X Games? :)
Me too.
REALLY makes me wish someone would make another BMX game, maybe Black Box, that did the Skate series, but I tihnk they'be been severly downgraded or even shut down totally as a developer.
Aggressive Inline was alright, I remember getting that cheap way back and having quite a bit of fun with it.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#6BlazinBlue88(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2011 10:26:50 AM
I'm guessing you've been watching the X Games? :) Me too.
lol yeah it's been making me get in the game playing mood.

Aggressive Inline was alright, I remember getting that cheap way back and having quite a bit of fun with it.
I thought it was a really underrated game. The first game to feature levels with no time limits and the RPG experience elements of upgrading your stats. The only downside of the game was that while the soundtrack was really good, it was limited.

Why don't you like to refer to them as that? That's what they are.
idk just never liked that term.

I remember playing a demo of the first Skate and not really getting the hang of it. Maybe I should give it another shot. I was hoping there was some games I had not heard of but I guess I should just wait for SSX. :/
---
Sure God's all powerful, but does he have lips? Whoa...