This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Alot of JRPG's Sucked this gen.

#111Combo MasterPosted 8/6/2011 2:37:11 PM
Do we really need people posting most rpg's suck period???During the ps1 era rpg's were the only games worth buying imo.Same with ps2 era.Only this gen with multi player elements has it been worth spending money on other genres for me.

The problem i have with this gen rpg's is a lot of them have a corny factor in some parts.Even in lost odyssey although i still love it.
---
Combo Master
#112VampiricDragon_Posted 8/7/2011 2:25:55 AM
Firespark1 posted...
I find myself enjoying jrpg because they're usually tactical. They also have some rather unique and complex game mechanic in the leveling system, such as final fantasy 13 Crystarium. Persona fusion system was also great, even had some lores in it.

Btw, it seems like 360 is heavily in favor of WRPG, PS3 is 50/50 and Wii is in favor of JRPG. And portable is all JRPG.

Its more like for the 360 its 50-50, ps3 its 75/25, wii its 100,ds its 100, psp its 100
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#113VampiricDragon_Posted 8/7/2011 2:26:29 AM
Rob_the_Ninja posted...
They also have some rather unique and complex game mechanic in the leveling system, such as final fantasy 13 Crystarium

....It's pretty much a straight line, how is that complex?

Because the other jobs simulate the not straight line part
---
Games to Watch: SRW OG 2, SMT Devil Survivor 2, Grand Knight History, 7th dragon 2020, Paper Mario 3ds, Dragon Quest X, FF Type-0, LoH: Trails of Blue
#114VampiricDragon_Posted 8/7/2011 2:27:02 AM
Combo Master posted...
Do we really need people posting most rpg's suck period???During the ps1 era rpg's were the only games worth buying imo.Same with ps2 era.Only this gen with multi player elements has it been worth spending money on other genres for me.

The problem i have with this gen rpg's is a lot of them have a corny factor in some parts.Even in lost odyssey although i still love it.

Generalizations....................
---
#115Typhus665Posted 8/8/2011 3:27:33 PM
Dark 05 posted...
I don't buy that, because their games have a sense of realism, BioWare hasn't branched out.

Yeah, nothing says realistic like tiny linear hub levels. Oh and the rooms filled with waist high boxes (hey look, they're exactly the right height for a ****ty cover system) like in Mass Effect 2's case, just scream realism. Their single dimenional cliched characters add a lot to the realism as well.
---
WOH BLACK TOWAH WUT IZ YO POWAH!?
http://www.last.fm/user/Typhus89/
#116TheWarHorsePosted 8/8/2011 3:28:56 PM
This topic implies that at one time JRPG's didn't suck, which wouldn't be true.
#117SragentThomPosted 8/8/2011 4:05:23 PM
"The PS2 & DS jrpgs sucked as well. I hate people mentioning those two systems as a gold mine for good games"

LoL old time gamer confirmed.
---
Halo fans are like the Zerg. They'll attack in infinite numbers, and will attack anything that is not their own kind.
"Sherardy"
#118SragentThomPosted 8/8/2011 4:40:28 PM(edited)
"During the ps1 era rpg's were the only games worth buying imo"

You obviously haven't heard of Fighters,shooters, and platformers.

".Same with ps2 era"

More fail.

"Only this gen with multi player elements has it been worth spending money on other genres for me."

Oh I get it. You simply ignored many of the older games the previous generations simply because they didn't appeal to you? Seriously did you even had an Xbox last generation or played many of the multiplayer games for the PS2 or Gamecube?

"corny factor in some part"

This have been true since the dawn of popular JRPGs. This gen is no different.
---

Halo fans are like the Zerg. They'll attack in infinite numbers, and will attack anything that is not their own kind.
"Sherardy"
#119LuckNotDoWithItPosted 8/12/2011 4:18:15 PM
No.

Lost Odyssey was god.

Everything else just was not, not in any way in comparison for some reason...

Final Fantasy XIII gets honorable mention.