This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EB/Gamestop trade in (Another WTF? story)

#21Carte360Posted 7/30/2011 9:34:11 PM
Winternova posted...
K? It is still a low blow. "Trade in Duke Nukem and get 35$ until July 3rd"

Say the kid lived an hour away, which I used to, from a gamestop. He had to wase gas just to get there and they tell him he can't trade it in for the 35$?

Of course it is just an opinion but that is a low blow for someone looking to make cash and trusted gamestop wouldn't mess it up.

Suppose he saw an advertisement for a game, drove all the way out there, and then found out they were sold out. Would that be a "low blow"? If your answer is "no", then that's your answer for the situation at hand as well.

You're right, except for the fact that is completely different.

LOL what is gamestop suppose to do? Summon a new game for the kid, it isn't their fault they sold out. The kid can come back and get the game some other time.

BUT when they make an entire advertisement saying they'll give you 35$ for something then change their minds when you get there, that is a low blow.

I bet they asked him if he wanted to pre-order something afterwards.

Just because it is "buisness" doesn't mean it can't be bad buisness.
---
Pokemon FC: 0904-5158-2126
Yeah I am a Christian, but not the kind you think you know.
#22WinternovaPosted 7/30/2011 9:47:35 PM
They only had a certain number of offers at the $35 price that they could give out for DNF. When they reached that number, it was no longer available - it was, in essence, sold out.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(AFC Champs), Red Wings(Central Champs)
#23Carte360Posted 7/30/2011 9:49:21 PM
Winternova posted...
They only had a certain number of offers at the $35 price that they could give out for DNF. When they reached that number, it was no longer available - it was, in essence, sold out.

To bad it doesn't mention that on the offer >_>
---
Pokemon FC: 0904-5158-2126
Yeah I am a Christian, but not the kind you think you know.