This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Netflix question

#1Brian8288Posted 7/30/2011 7:17:38 PM
I'm trying to watch a movie on netflix and I can hear the volume from the movie but no picture is being shown. Just a green bar going across the middle of the screen. Does anyone know a solution for this?
---
GT- Brian8288
PSN- Brian8288
#2LiquidViperPosted 7/30/2011 8:14:16 PM
Depends on the movie. If you go into your Netflix account/Watch history, you can hit "Report Problem" and flag it. There's no real way to fix it since it's primarily on Netflix's end to encode/reupload it properly. It MAY work when you watch it on PS3, Wii, or your PC, though.
#3stapler87Posted 7/30/2011 8:15:49 PM
Yeah sometimes Netflorx screws up.
---
"I have to return some videotapes!" - Patrick Bateman
#4KanokarePosted 7/30/2011 9:41:13 PM(edited)
Happens often lately for me. Usually when I rewind or restart a video. It sometimes gives me a green bar thing too.

Edit
Oops should've read all of your post. I should've said I also often get video and back ground sound and music but no voices.
---
XBL / PSN - Kanokare // Steam - Shannaro
3DS - Kanokare 1289-8224-7448 // Wii - 7539 2861 8425 1344
#5RE2LeonSPosted 7/30/2011 9:40:48 PM
A majority of the time it's Netflix's fault. I've had times where the audio was so low I had to put my tv volume on max. Sometimes I'd watch a foreign film but it didn't complete with subtitles and the option for subtitles didn't work. I've had times where I'd watch a foreign film and the aspect ratio was WAY off so I'd fix it but then the subtitles would get chopped off. Sometimes Netflix even screws up an entire television series by naming the wrong episode and giving the wrong description. For a company that makes frequent errors I'm still surprised they feel entitled to a 60% increase.
---
GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#6KanokarePosted 7/30/2011 9:45:45 PM(edited)
RE2LeonS posted...
A majority of the time it's Netflix's fault. I've had times where the audio was so low I had to put my tv volume on max. Sometimes I'd watch a foreign film but it didn't complete with subtitles and the option for subtitles didn't work. I've had times where I'd watch a foreign film and the aspect ratio was WAY off so I'd fix it but then the subtitles would get chopped off. Sometimes Netflix even screws up an entire television series by naming the wrong episode and giving the wrong description. For a company that makes frequent errors I'm still surprised they feel entitled to a 60% increase.

They broke one of the saddest moment in gurren lagann anime by making it the next episode, ruining it with a huge spoiler episode. Still has yet to be fixed.

No price increase for me though since I do streaming only.
---
XBL / PSN - Kanokare // Steam - Shannaro
3DS - Kanokare 1289-8224-7448 // Wii - 7539 2861 8425 1344