This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance install problem.

#1CammyApplePosted 7/30/2011 7:27:50 PM
I'm trying to install the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance and running into an issue. At 34% the optical drive stops reading and I get an error message saying the disc can not be read. The disc however is in pristine condition. ~ Is there a known error when trying to install this game? Other games install just fine.
#2RenamonPosted 7/30/2011 7:44:30 PM(edited)
No games have known issues like this. If it can't read the disc it just can't read the disc, one of my Call of Duty games is the same, it's the only game out of my 100+ game collection that my console refuses to install despite being in perfect condition.

While I've never experienced any issues playing the game, it's possible the read error is on a portion of the disc that has a multipleyer map or multiplayer content, since I'm not big on MP in COD games.

So most likely, if your console attempts to read the same portion of the disc while actually playing the game, it'll error out too, but without knowing where on the disc exactly it's having problems with, and what's located on that portion of the disc, it would be difficult to say where in the game the error would occur.

You can try swapping the disc out for another, or get a friend's copy and install his, or rent the game from a rental store and install that copy.

---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#3CammyApple(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2011 8:50:47 PM
This is a game I borrowed from a friend. He has played through it a couple times but never tried to install it. ~ Thus far no issues while playing off disc. Here's hoping it's nothing too big down the road.