This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I do a license transfer from one account to another?

#1ChimpawnZeePosted 7/31/2011 3:02:15 AM
My brother bought an xbox years ago and since then I play on it more often than him, and naturally started buying arcade games, dlc and live myself. He bought the occasionally map pack for COD or something.
Now he plans on moving away and says the profile belongs to him, I claim that it is mine due to the amount of content I have purchased on it and the amount of live (he has bought 1 year, I have bought 3) and that if he is to take it he is to give me the money for all of my purchases (Well over 30,000msp, however much that is in $) He refuses to do so and says I should just start a new account and use that.

So pretty much I want my stuff, but he isn't willing to give it to me, hence the purpose of this thread. Is it even possible to transfer licenses from one account to another?
---
Living life in HD
#2Super CreaturesPosted 7/31/2011 3:12:44 AM
No, however, every account on the 360 the content was originally purchased on can use it.

I'll never understand why people share accounts when it is so easy, and causes much less hassle down the road, to make your own.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#3FaliphorPosted 7/31/2011 3:19:32 AM
Wow, if you both share it then technically its both of yours. Its your fault that you put so much money into it that its become a problem to part with it. At the same time, its ridiculous that your brother is demanding the account his when he has barely invested any money compared to you.

Your bro sounds like a douche, and If he takes the account I would cut any ties with him aside from family get togethers. He is demanding something that you have put around $700 dollars into.
---
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/221/reggiei.jpg
#4ChimpawnZee(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2011 3:50:49 AM
I can't even convince him into letting me give him his money back that he put into the profile, changing the the name and making a new account with the same GT as the old one for him to take and keep himself. All he has to do is transfer the content from the one xbox to the other and bam, problem solved.

But Nooo, thats not ok, because it is HIS account and he shouldn't have to do that.

Oh well, I'll figure something out
---
Living life in HD
#5LapanuiPosted 7/31/2011 3:52:49 AM
Really sucks dude, it's not just the money, it's the time you have spent on that account.

How old is your brother anyway?
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
#6ChimpawnZee(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2011 3:57:52 AM
He's turning 21 in october and I'm 18
---
Living life in HD
#7LapanuiPosted 7/31/2011 4:06:39 AM
21 and he's acting like that O.o

He should at least give you some money considering you spent a hell of a lot on it. Me and my brother have separate accounts and we pay for our own games and content on our own accounts.

You really should just talk him into giving you the account and you paying for whatever he has paid for or he pays you the amount you spent. Stuff like that gets me irritated and a few years down the line it can really hit the person when they need money. If he doesn't want to cooperate then just leave it. Get your own 360, make an account and slowly buy whatever you need. If he needs any money or something, just bring up this incident and don't cooperate with him.

It might sound childish, but he's acting quite immature for his age. If someone has invested a reasonable amount of money into something, they have as much right as anyone else that has invested in it.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.
#8Delta ZeroPosted 7/31/2011 5:06:37 AM
If you still have access to the account, just change the password for the email and the account itself, and change any secret question that he might know the answer to.

If that doesn't work then you are out of luck and the only way you will keep your account is if he changes his mind, which seems likely that he won't.
---
-__-
#9RockgodMikePosted 7/31/2011 7:07:10 AM
There is a work around where you can both use/play the dlc.

Make a license transfer for a different xbox (either a new one or one you may own yourself). Transfer ALL the licenses to the new xbox. Now all the Gamertags on the new xbox have access to all DLC offline.

On old Xbox, keep original Gamertag that downloaded the DLC. (OR recover the GT if for some reason was deleted). Now old xbox has access to DLC IF he's online.

The person who will have access to internet 24/7 keeps the older xbox to stay connected and have access to all DLC.

Recap: License to new, keep all DLC for everyone offline. Old xbox keeps original gamertag, has ALL DLC if online.

It's either that, or break the xbox in half. :0 Or your bro stops being a douche and pays you something for the money you put in on DLC.