This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

its weird how "the guild" is a xbox live feature

#1ccw47Posted 7/31/2011 7:32:37 AM
and i think i have seen "the guild" avatar items also. but micro is against mmorpgs, they even killed their own halo mmorpg. there are none besides a couple very old ones.
---
FIREARMS!
because you can't defend free speech....with your mouth!
#2DahlVaughnniPosted 7/31/2011 7:37:50 AM
I can't even begin to explain just how many things are wrong with your post.

I guess the biggest point to make is that microsoft doesn't hate MMOs, they're just extremely difficult to make for a console. Microsoft has absolutely no say in what 3rd party developers make. You just can't make a conventional MMO for a console, you just can't do it.

Final Fantasy 11 was different because it wasn't action based, it was ATB based like ff12 was, and Phantasy star was an action game.

A game like wow cannot be made for a console and succeed.
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#3Doktor_WilhelmPosted 7/31/2011 7:41:30 AM
There's the rumour of 'free to play' games coming to the xbox, so they'll be plenty of MMORPGs and MMO-everything else coming out then.

But I agree, it seems odd that consoles in this day and ages are so very lacking in MMOs...
---
"so i'm guessing it's doctor wilhelm vs everyone else then?" - Travisclees
#4SubSeenixPosted 7/31/2011 7:47:55 AM(edited)
DahlVaughnni posted...

I guess the biggest point to make is that microsoft doesn't hate MMOs, they're just extremely difficult to make for a console. Microsoft has absolutely no say in what 3rd party developers make. You just can't make a conventional MMO for a console, you just can't do it.

Final Fantasy 11 was different because it wasn't action based, it was ATB based like ff12 was, and Phantasy star was an action game.

Äh your wrong...M$ is killing nearly every MMO for their console because they cant accept the conditions of the Devs.
M$ wants full control over EVERY Aspect of the MMO to their conditions and all that stuff.
Its all about the payment system and of course they want that MMO ONLY ON THEIR PLATFORM...Not even PC is allowed.

Devs have to obey or go...Nearly everyone of them stayed PC Only or went to other Platforms.

FFXI was completely different thing and not because it has an ATB.
M$ wanted a Final Fantasy on their console and SquareEnix is in their butt for the whole Gen,but strongest in the beginning.
M$ even made an exception in terms of the payment and the Platform "Play Online" (or how that crap was called) SquareEnix used for that game.
They NEVER EVER would agree to something like that again now because they think they're god or something like that.
For Example M$ wanted FF14 also on the 360 - They talked with them but of course M$ told them their conditions.They stayed PC Only and of course PS3(one day it will come*g*)
No one is missing that game in the end but this is how M$ is thinking

Age of Conan and stuff like that also got cancelled because of their greed
#5DahlVaughnniPosted 7/31/2011 7:50:14 AM
SubSeenix posted...
DahlVaughnni posted...

Äh your wrong...M$ is killing nearly every MMO for their console because they cant accept the conditions of the Devs.
M$ wants full control over EVERY Aspect of the MMO to their conditions and all that stuff.
Its all about the payment system and of course they want that MMO ONLY ON THEIR PLATFORM...Not even PC is allowed.

Devs have to obey or go...Nearly everyone of them stayed PC Only or went to other Platforms.

M$ wanted a Final Fantasy on their console and SquareEnix is in their butt for the whole Gen,but strongest in the beginning.
M$ even made an exception in terms of the payment and the Platform "Play Online" (or how that crap was called) SquareEnix used for that game.
They NEVER EVER would agree to something like that again now because they think they're god or something like that.

You're obviously very jaded and biased without much of a grasp on the situation, but you do make a good point about payment. No one will pay a monthly fee for an MMO AND xbox live.

Everything else you said was just made up, about how microsoft wants to control them and not let them have pc versions.

It's not that microsoft HATES mmos, it's that it's structurally impossible to make one work well. Developers know that the pc has the biggest mmo market and the pc is the easiest to develop for, so why spend time and money on a console when it can be made faster, cheaper, and better on a pc with more customers?
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#6seb03Posted 7/31/2011 8:00:06 AM
SubSeenix posted...
DahlVaughnni posted...

For Example M$ wanted FF14 also on the 360 - They talked with them but of course M$ told them their conditions.They stayed PC Only and of course PS3(one day it will come*g*)
No one is missing that game in the end but this is how M$ is thinking

Age of Conan and stuff like that also got cancelled because of their greed

Oh no poor Xbox 360. Missing out on a game like Final Fantasy 14
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#7themerlinPosted 7/31/2011 8:26:25 AM
Microsoft funded the guild.
---
As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD.
#8Izick_the_SpyPosted 7/31/2011 9:37:25 AM
By your logic we should have a Notorious B.I.G. game because it's on XBLM.

...I'd buy it.
---
How Neogaf views the Gamefaqs community- http://i.imgur.com/PdVEd.png