This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what type of screw driver do I need to take apart my controller?

#1_Just_Blaze_Posted 7/31/2011 11:55:21 AM
like what is it's name? my buttons are sticky :p
#2Super CreaturesPosted 7/31/2011 12:04:30 PM
Depends on what type of controller you have.

My After Glow controller has standard Philips head screws, but others might use different screws.
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#3Frisco557Posted 7/31/2011 12:05:18 PM
on the wired one I have on my PC you'd just need a small phillips head screwdriver. You might need a torx for the wireless, but that's not near my PC to check.
The real Frisco is dead. He was a good dog who loved car rides.
#4jakethenoobPosted 7/31/2011 12:10:57 PM
It's possible to use a normal screwdriver on wireless controllers, it just takes a while.
#5OgesMCPosted 7/31/2011 12:16:25 PM
Think it's a T10 for the wireless. Go to Sears or whatever, they only cost $2.99.
35 Lightnin'
#6Villain_S_FiendPosted 7/31/2011 12:24:27 PM
The kind with a sturdy handle and a big, hard, blocky thing on one end.
The electric yellow's got me by the brain banana!
#7intoanotherPosted 7/31/2011 12:33:57 PM
Torx T10. If you have phillips head screwdrivers in various sizes, it is possible to get the screw out with that. However, its also possible to easily strip the screws as well.
XBL- Cam Pipes PSN- Matt_350z
05 STi(see quote) 08 350Z(bone stock) 03 Evo(sold)
#8_Just_Blaze_(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2011 1:40:10 PM
is there supposed to be a hole in the head? I gotta 8 in 1 torx with all the T's ranging from 4 to 15.