This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are the wired controllers?

#21pakathecatPosted 8/1/2011 6:11:33 AM
Sort of on topic-- usually I avoid 3rd party products, especially controllers, but I really like the look of the Madcatz Buccaneers controller. Actually, the way they repositioned a few of the buttons is appealing to me, looks like they'll be easier to hit really- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HMJ8LI/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002CJM9NI&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=064RPZTME04NRRWA258D

Any opinions on this brand?
#22kungfuj0Posted 8/1/2011 1:28:15 PM
^

I can't speak on that one in particular, but I've used 3rd party controllers in the past...Madcatz and others, and to be honest, I haven't liked how ANY of them felt in comparison to the official ones. They always feel too....plasticky or something. I don't know how to describe it except to say that none of them has ever felt right to me. That is why I always stick to originals nowadays. It's not that the others are lower quality or whatever, but they just didn't feel right.
---
Kungfuj0
#23pakathecatPosted 8/1/2011 1:44:23 PM(edited)
Thanks! Yeah, that is why I'm leery of 3rd party stuff, never seems to be nearly as good as OEM. At least with a controller I wouldn't risk losing all my saves like I did with 3rd party memory cards on my previous gen consoles, but still, they are asking a lot for that controller if it turns out to be crap.
#24Samuel 025Posted 8/1/2011 1:43:15 PM
Microsoft made the perfect controller with the 360. I don't know what is up with 3rd party guys but they love changing the design of the controller and it really throws it off for me.
---
Dr. House and Dr. Cox should team up and cure everything.
"Drinking Santana champ, cause it's so crisp!"