This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resonance of Fate or Last Remnant?

#1pandoraorbPosted 7/31/2011 3:56:36 PM
I'm a casual RPGer that looks for story and awesome battle systems. Favorite RPGs are FF9 and 10, and Rogue Galaxy.

Been watching video reviews of both games and done some research, but wanted to hear from you all.

thx
---
The Pandora's Box Trilogy--middle grade fantasy--BOOK THREE: FATE and REBIRTH out now!
#2MageofBlood391Posted 7/31/2011 4:01:11 PM
Resonance of Fate
---
Smart ninja-type dude.
#3gitaroo_zowiePosted 7/31/2011 4:12:56 PM
If you're a casual RPGer don't buy RoF because its going to destroy you until you learn how to effectively use the battle system kind of like the Matador boss in SMT. As for Last Remnant the game is awful, if you really want to play a JRPG get either Infinite Undiscovery or Enchanted Arms, they both have there flaws but at least they are fun.
---
XBL: FortuneDX
PSN: FortuneREX
#4halwendePosted 7/31/2011 4:13:43 PM
RoF has a complex battle system and takes a while to get used to / learn properly - not doing so can result in the game coming across as very difficult at first

LR has bosses & enemies that scale to you, so if you grind everything you see and have a powerful party later in the game the bosses are scaled and as a result will wipe you in a few turns, where as if you avoid random battles and such they'll not be so bad - I found that kinda strange but it's something to keep in mind

Don't let that put you off though, both are great games - I would just say neither are "jump in and play casual RPG's" because played in certain ways they can frustrate, but that's just my personal experience with the titles
#5BigReedPosted 7/31/2011 4:21:03 PM
Last Remnant is a technical mess. Resonance of Fate has a very steep learning curve. Both are a little rough around the edges.

Flip a coin man.
---
"..hardcore gamers like me for instance, who grew up on Halo.."
#6BigReedPosted 7/31/2011 4:21:58 PM
Also TC, have you not playing any Rpg's this gen? Cause if not then I can suggest more that might be up your alley.
---
#7LuckNotDoWithErPosted 7/31/2011 4:24:11 PM
Last Remnant.
#8pandoraorb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2011 5:45:19 PM
Yeah, I've played and 1000GS Enchanted arms--I've played Lost Odyssey, FF13, Blue Dragon.

I know I'm getting for Ps3--Trinity and some weird title afterwards some O'll thing--liked the demo.

Seems whatever I choose I get hates and loves--thought Resonance looked cool because of guns but my brother in law recommended LRemnant.

I'm totally open to other suggestions--just remember the casual thing--game needs to be fun to play and good story--doesn't need to change my life.

Think i tried one of the Star Oceans--a spacey one--and got bored quickly.

thx for all the help.
---
The Pandora's Box Trilogy--middle grade fantasy--BOOK THREE: FATE and REBIRTH out now!
#9pandoraorb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2011 5:46:52 PM
oh, and i may stab myself in the face and try Demon's Souls...
---
#10BigReedPosted 7/31/2011 5:54:15 PM
pandoraorb posted...
oh, and i may stab myself in the face and try Demon's Souls...

Demons' Souls isn't really a traditional RPG, but it is unique and pretty cool. I wouldn't suggest it though if you're looking for a casual game because DS is unforgiving.

You should try Tales of Vesperia or Magna Carta 2. ToV is a very solid game, and I think is top 3 rpg's on 360.
---