This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resonance of Fate or Last Remnant?

#11darkharePosted 7/31/2011 6:04:34 PM
if your a casual rpg player then dont play either one of these games, go play something like Deathspank
---
all 360 games should have a demo. lets put revieweres out of business.
#12pandoraorb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2011 6:05:12 PM
Magna Carta 2 is actually my #1 wanted but I'm using GS credit and none of them have it in my area.
---
The Pandora's Box Trilogy--middle grade fantasy--BOOK THREE: FATE and REBIRTH out now!
#13DahlVaughnniPosted 7/31/2011 6:14:58 PM
Don't get TLR on xbox. It's messed up. The pc version is great though because it had a big overhaul.

PC TLR>>>>>>>>>>>>>RoF>>>>Xbox TLR
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#14SuperSuikodenPosted 7/31/2011 10:43:53 PM
I recommend both but they are totally different styles.
The Last Remnant then, Resonance of Fate.
---
1 line break(s), 160 characters allowed
#15seb03Posted 8/1/2011 3:54:57 AM
I liked Resonance of Fate more than Last Remnant but for a casual RPG player Tales of Vesperia or Lost Odyssey would be better or at least they would give you a more reasonable difficulty
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#16ZanimarPosted 8/1/2011 11:29:34 AM
I know you said that you played a Star Ocean and didn't like it, but if you are up to giving another one a go I'll offer Star Ocean: The Last Hope, though unless this is the one you played, then I guess it's a bad choice for you. The only downside I'd give to it is that the areas are massive and it can get a little confusing at times on where to go, but the battle system is really fun and so much better than what it was with the first 2 (haven't played Star Ocean 3).

After that, I'll recommend Eternal Sonata. It's a great game and has one of the more unique stories I've seen in a jrpg, just don't write it off the first time as it's a story that you are meant to think about and play the game several times in order to grasp what exactly is going on, though there is a synopsis thing on the ES boards to explain the story if you are still confused. The battle system is interesting. Also I recommend Tales of Vesperia as it stays the closest to the traditional jrpg formula (though whether that is good or bad is up to you). It even has the traditional world map and everything and the combat is lots of fun.

Though honestly in the end I'll say this, don't look to us for opinions. If you think the game looks interesting and is something you think you might like to play, then get it. At worst you learn the game wasn't for you and at best you find another game that you love and can cherish for years to come.
---
Gamertag: Renryuu
Go back, back into a nebulous dream!
#17Citrate1007Posted 8/1/2011 11:38:26 AM
RoF. It isn't a steep learning curve it is actually fairly easy to get the hang of. It is a blend of traditional JRPG turn based attack and turn based strategy RPG in a 3D environment. It's story is weak but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
---
Relax, it's just a game.