This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could GOW3 become the next big Tower Defense Game?

#1EatYourViberPosted 7/31/2011 11:26:22 PM
From what I have read in Game Informer Epic is well aware of the many adoptions of their horde mode.(COD, Halo the list goes on) To up the fun level to a new high, epic has decided to add in deployable and upgradable defense towers the player will be use.

If they are able to pull this off right GOW3 may very well be the best TD game ever made!
---
Vote Ron Paul 2012- Stop government spending, Stop unjust wars, more power to States, End drug prohibition, shrink government and bring are troops home.
#2SODISPosted 7/31/2011 11:37:03 PM
While that is exciting, the most fun TD game will never be on a console. It's cruel reality but that's what it is.
---
NIER
#3EatYourViber(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2011 11:47:54 PM
SODIS posted...
While that is exciting, the most fun TD game will never be on a console. It's cruel reality but that's what it is.

Things change

As I said before if they pull this off right, I do not see any other TD game toping it.

And trenched it not on the PC so...
---
Vote Ron Paul 2012- Stop government spending, Stop unjust wars, more power to States, End drug prohibition, shrink government and bring are troops home.
#4MajorPoopStormPosted 7/31/2011 11:49:21 PM
SODIS posted...

Huh? What about Toy Soldiers?
#5SODISPosted 8/1/2011 12:01:05 AM
It's hard to put into just one post by itself, but to save me time. If you ever played WC3 mods that involve TD: you'll know why Gears 3 just can't come close to being a big hit without tearing the game apart, which can't be done on a console legally. Starhawk has a much better chance at being the next big TD game as the game's designed on a sandbox-style MP which is perfect for TD. No doubt that Gears 3 will restrict you where you can place turrets amongst other things.
---
NIER
#6EatYourViber(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 12:22:11 AM
SODIS posted...
It's hard to put into just one post by itself, but to save me time. If you ever played WC3 mods that involve TD: you'll know why Gears 3 just can't come close to being a big hit without tearing the game apart, which can't be done on a console legally. Starhawk has a much better chance at being the next big TD game as the game's designed on a sandbox-style MP which is perfect for TD. No doubt that Gears 3 will restrict you where you can place turrets amongst other things.

Iím sure there will be restrictions on the towers (for game play reasons) such as unable to place the towers in small corridors blocking the entrance and placing the towers out of the map.

The best part is we still donít really know what epic has in store for us. So many questions to be answered like, how many different towers will there be, can you repair them, how many different upgrades will there be for them, will the locust attack the towers or just go after you or both?

Maybe It may not become the best TD game but it will defiantly be the most untraditional TD game with Gears of warís great game play and you (and the other players) as the target. And that IMO would make it better then any other TD game.
---
#7SODISPosted 8/1/2011 12:49:04 AM
September can't come soon enough so I can see exactly what you mean. It'd be cool if there was a map maker for Gears 3.
---
NIER
#8EatYourViber(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 12:50:55 AM
SODIS posted...
September can't come soon enough so I can see exactly what you mean. It'd be cool if there was a map maker for Gears 3.

If there was map editor then that would just seal the deal I think.

In a good way.
---
Vote Ron Paul 2012- Stop government spending, Stop unjust wars, more power to States, End drug prohibition, shrink Government and bring are Troops home.
#9DuwstaiPosted 8/1/2011 1:03:31 AM
Tower Defense... Is that like Tower of Power in Halo 2 on Ascension?
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA, H2K CoBrA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
#10ColtsFanNickPosted 8/1/2011 1:18:50 AM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/22/gears-of-war-3-horde-20-briefing-video

Fortification positions are preset, so, you cant just place them anywhere (which is better IMO, because it would be waaaaay too easy if you could build anywhere).

Either way.... Horde looks AWESOME
---
GH3 FC- 2363-3787-8859
XBox 360 GT- ColtsFanNick