This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Whats your favourite horde mode game?

#1FPSM360Posted 8/1/2011 4:49:14 AM
My absolute favourite mp game type in any game is a horde/escalation/zombie survival type mode.

Fighting side by side with strangers or friends against an ever increasing enemy is epic, with last ditch revivals or escape, blasting round after round into mobs of enemies.

Personally my current favourite is transformers: war for cybertron's escalation mode. All different bots with individual abilities mixed with having cars, tanks or jets on your team is awesome.

I used to love gears 2 hoarde mode but i sold it, anyone know if theres still a community?
---
GT:BIGBOSSMDK
#2Brass_EyePosted 8/1/2011 5:02:03 AM
At the minute all I have is GoW 2 and Black Ops zombies.

I really hope they do have a horde mode in MW3 but not zombies. Hopefully just waves of troops.
---
I'm talking nonce-sense!
#3LordSepiroth666Posted 8/1/2011 6:58:12 AM
Gears of War 2 and Transformers WFC's Escalation.
---
How bout a nice cup of shut the F up?
#4HulkxxSMASHPosted 8/1/2011 9:41:52 AM
What about L4D and it's sequel? Technically I think that whole game counts as a 'horde' mode, no?

The zombies are even referred to as 'the horde'
---
Hulk is strongest one there is... Hulk is... only one there is... only one... there... is... Hulk feels... cold
#5FPSM360(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 10:21:00 AM
hell yeh l4d is like one big hoarde mode.

The only thing i really F____g hate about hoarde mode is when the host quits.

Ive been trying to get to a high level in Transformers:WFC but the host always bails around level 17. i know people got **** to do but still doesnt change the fact youve just wasted all your time, and the host knew he was selecting a mode that is basically stay untill your whole team is dead.

I know i could host but my connection isnt the best in the world.
---
GT:BIGBOSSMDK
#6impatientpersonPosted 8/1/2011 10:43:07 AM
Halo Reach's Firefight. Because I love options and the amount of options offered in Reach is awesome.
---
Avoid this user:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=927246&topic=44002798
#7KnifegashPosted 8/1/2011 10:49:37 AM
ODST's Firefight. There's just something about the version in Reach that just doesn't have the same feeling or entertainment.
---
Isn't that right, Zach?
#8SimilacPosted 8/1/2011 11:02:36 AM
Gears of War 3 horde mode 2.0
#9ShineboxerPosted 8/1/2011 11:08:08 AM
nothing beats T-hunt.
#10Killah PriestPosted 8/1/2011 11:12:43 AM
GRAW 1 Defend missions, pretty much the best one and the one that started the trend.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.