This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just beat Portal 2. Incredibly dissapointed

#1Red_ChairPosted 8/1/2011 10:30:05 AM(edited)
The dialog and humor felt forced and cheesy. The history of Aperture science was weak. A lot of the puzzles just seemed like I was looking for a white wall that was hard to find or a hidden game mechanic that was hard to spot. I found it hard to like any charecters (probably because most hated me) and giving my charecter no voice and barely anyone to interact with just made the whole expierence kind of dull. Maybe that new portal feeling wasnt there or I was super overhyped by the internet but overall I found it incredibly forgettable. I did have fun in co-op though

edit- I just expected a more grand story to maybe tie in the Half Life universe or just more deeper explanation of Apeture
---
E3 2011 IN A NUTSHEL- http://i.imgur.com/BhYHo.gif
#2bluehat94Posted 8/1/2011 10:32:20 AM
well that sucks for you, thats really all i can say, because i loved it
---
"Dude nevermind. You simply dont have the cognitive capacity to comprehend whats going on here."-xXHighBoostXx
#3impatientpersonPosted 8/1/2011 10:35:12 AM
I completely disagree... and while I should respect your opinion as an opinion... I do not respect it...
---
Avoid this user:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=927246&topic=44002798
#4desert_santaPosted 8/1/2011 10:39:26 AM
For some reason I enjoyed the first one more, despite the improvements in the second. I would not call this game forgettable, I thought that robot from the beginning was a really good character. My only complaint, and this is the first time I have ever said this about a video game, is that it was a tad long. I got a bit tired of puzzle after puzzle after puzzle at one point. Though when I forced myself to start another, I always began to enjoy it two minutes in. I was chuffed that it had a song at the end also ^-^
#5RezzmanPosted 8/1/2011 10:44:04 AM
desert_santa posted...
it was a tad long.

...What? The game is only a couple of hours long!
---
-=Rezzy=-
#6desert_santaPosted 8/1/2011 10:45:58 AM
Rezzman posted...
desert_santa posted...
it was a tad long.

...What? The game is only a couple of hours long!

No way, it felt really long to me. Like ten hours or something! Double the length of the first one easily.
#7TimberWolfBobbyPosted 8/1/2011 11:27:41 AM
Heaven forbid they double the length of the sequel when it gets a full-priced retail release.

We're all entitled to our opinions. I've had my fair share of big name games that I didn't care for as well. Portal 2, is not one of them. My GOTY thus far.
---
"maybe its time to change your name to timberwolfrobert" - brunbbmerc
GT: TenaciousBobby
#8superbowl54Posted 8/1/2011 11:40:48 AM
you didn't like Cave Johnson?

who else will invite you to fight an army of mantis men?
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Black Ops, Mortal Kombat, L.A. Noire,
#9Red_Chair(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 11:47:27 AM
PJB posted...
you didn't like Cave Johnson?

who else will invite you to fight an army of mantis men?

See I just found those lines random and cheesy. They introduced the charecter so fast and expected me to like his random motivational speeches. I barely knew who he was or cared about him and all his humourous lines felt forced.
---
E3 2011 IN A NUTSHEL- http://i.imgur.com/BhYHo.gif
#10desert_santaPosted 8/1/2011 11:47:32 AM
TimberWolfBobby posted...
Heaven forbid they double the length of the sequel when it gets a full-priced retail release.

We're all entitled to our opinions. I've had my fair share of big name games that I didn't care for as well. Portal 2, is not one of them. My GOTY thus far.

The game was still great but the pacing felt off a couple of times. Hence why I felt the game was long. There were two times I felt I needed a long break because there were just too many puzzles in a row without anything to break it up in terms of story or running away or w/e(but as I stated earlier, once I worked up the energy to start the puzzle it would suck me in and I would begin to enjoy it). Even though I would give this game a nine out of ten just like it's predecessor, I still preferred the first one. A contender for GOTY, yes, not that the title itself actually means anything.

Big name games I didn't care for would be franchises I only played one title of and didn't bother with the rest(like CoD or Resistance).