This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wish 360 had a way to broadcast players looking for players in game x.

#1knightimexPosted 8/1/2011 4:21:59 PM
Lets say you have a game that contains online MP, but sadly no one plays it due to either being dated, or not many know about it, or maybe even just bad, BUT you DO want to play it online with someone.

Normally the 360 would search for players while they are actually in that 1 single game.
I think it would be awesome if lets say MS's next gen console was able to allow a player to tag a game so that it can be marked for (Looking for match) this way you don't have to be in that game for a match to be notified.

You could be in the dashboard looking at your list of games and beside the games would have tags like (player match) or (ranked match) you could highlight it and then click something like (accepted) this way the other person looking for a match while they are in the game will be notified that someone wants to play a game.

Options like (I want to play ranked\player match) this offer can be sent out to other players who are looking for the same even if neither of them are playing that game, it could be sent to a secondary mail slot for broadcasted messages.

Personally this would be an AMAZING feature that would allow older games and favorites to flourish much much longer.

Sadly no one other than me will ever realize this level of genius and make it happen
---
I hate to admit it, but I'm a graphics whore in denial.
#2HulkxxSMASHPosted 8/1/2011 4:26:30 PM
So you have to still just sit and wait and in the meantime post an intention that you might possibly be up for a game at some point in the future?

Sounds far from genius.

Idea - not so bad

Implementation - not so good.
---
Hulk is strongest one there is... Hulk is... only one there is... only one... there... is... Hulk feels... cold
#3knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 4:31:51 PM
HulkxxSMASH posted...
So you have to still just sit and wait and in the meantime post an intention that you might possibly be up for a game at some point in the future?

Sounds far from genius.

Idea - not so bad

Or you could go about your business and if that community isn't THAT dead you'd might get something.

Broadcasting a (I want to play) would work just like a post in a forum.
I post it and eventually someone would respond.

You call it far from genius yet you did exactly what I explained.

So you would rather not have it at all NEVER being able to know if someone wants to play?

LOL
---
#4BDzaPosted 8/1/2011 4:33:19 PM
Something like that would be nice. There are far to many good & great LIVE arcade games that have no online activity these days. If you didn't play online the first 2 weeks after the game's release, forget it now. Maybe you'll get a surge when the game becomes deal of the week.

A good example would be Splosion Man. The co-op online is dead and while you can go to the boards here on FAQs to find a partner or 2, it would be nice if MS found some way to bring players together who want to play that game or others in its same situation.

Hell how about a achievement help tag for games you are looking to play online to complete an achievement or 2. Again there is a site on the web to do that , but MS could take an extra step at bringing people together to game.
---
A Brother who will help the widow's son; are you a traveling man too?
Wii FCs in Quote, Addicted to->Ms. Splosion Man
#5squeeb1985Posted 8/1/2011 4:52:31 PM
Your idea sounds almost exactly like the "beacons" feature that is coming.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/b/community_blog/archive/2011/06/06/beacons-and-cloud-storage-to-make-it-easer-to-connect-on-xbox-live.aspx
#6knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2011 5:25:07 PM
I wonder if the beacon is for friends only and no one else can see it.
kinda limited if you ask me.

but good news none the less.
---
#7HulkxxSMASHPosted 8/1/2011 9:33:32 PM
knightimex posted...
HulkxxSMASH posted...

Sounds far from genius.

Idea - not so bad

Or you could go about your business and if that community isn't THAT dead you'd might get something.

Broadcasting a (I want to play) would work just like a post in a forum.
I post it and eventually someone would respond.

You call it far from genius yet you did exactly what I explained.

So you would rather not have it at all NEVER being able to know if someone wants to play?

LOL

Well aye, you post an interest in a game, you 'go about your business' and end up sticking another game in, getting into it, then you have to quit that game and jump to another if you wanna play the one you advertised. What if you changed your mind? Wouldn't you feel obligated somehow?
---
Hulk is strongest one there is... Hulk is... only one there is... only one... there... is... Hulk feels... cold
#8IroncondorzPosted 8/1/2011 11:17:21 PM
"beacons" should do the trick.

What would be a cool feature is if you could flag a certain game(s) out of your played game list, and then when you meet random people online there would be some kind of notice that your flagged game is in their played list. You could have some options like they would have to have played the game within ___ days or maybe they need to have the game flagged too.
---
Support for future release: "Torchlight 2" by Runic Games, and Jane Jensen's "Gray Matter"