This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Netflix, Hulu not working

#1abear90Posted 8/2/2011 1:08:14 PM
I'm guessing the services aren't down, or I would see more topics on this, but:

When I start Netflix, I see the Netflix logo, it starts loading for about five seconds, and I get "Xbox Error Code 1," and the app closes itself.

So I was getting pissed off and remembered I get a free Hulu trial, so I launched Hulu, signed up, tried to play an episode of South Park, and it told me that playback failed. I tried another video on Hulu, same result.

Does anybody know what causes this/how to fix it? I've tried restarting the 360, restarting the apps. Doesn't do anything. I'm obviously connected to Live. Idk what the problem is, it's weird that both Netflix and Hulu aren't working....
#2PinkenburgPosted 8/2/2011 1:25:05 PM
its workign fo me
---
I made this username a long time ago
#3RygonPosted 8/2/2011 1:28:10 PM
Sorry bro. I just checked it out and mine's working. I'm gonna watch 24 now. Jack Bauer was in a tough spot and it looked like he was gonna die. I wonder if they'll kill him in the next episode even though there's like 8 seasons after this one with his face on the cover. Maybe there's a problem with your internet and it's temporarily too slow to stream anything.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#4abear90(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 1:32:32 PM
I figured it was working for everyone else.

I'm not sure what the deal is. I can stream stuff just fine on my PC, which is directly plugged into the router that my 360 is directly plugged into. I can play games online fine lagless. I can stream videos from Zune Marketplace. I just reset my router and cable modem just for the heck of it, and that changed nothing.
#5abear90(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2011 1:39:35 PM
Just in case anybody else has this issue, I just figured out how to fix it.

This is posted on the Xbox website on the page that tells the status of Xbox Live.

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/Pages/xbox-live/xbox-live-status.aspx

Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

•Browsing or playing movies from the Netflix Instant Queue
The following workaround has been provided for this issue: 1. Go to "My Xbox", and then select "System Settings" 2. Select "Memory" 3. Highlight any storage device, and then press "Y" on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices) 4. Select "Clear System Cache" 5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select "Yes"

This fixed it for me.
#6pballer86Posted 8/2/2011 2:13:07 PM
Yeah I was having the same prob a hr ago and came here and didn't see any topics like I usually would...just figured it was a prob w/ my billing again..I'm gonna try this fix.! Thx.!
---
GT: threefiftyzzz
#7JtBlazePosted 8/2/2011 2:32:44 PM
I had the same problem earlier and on a whim decided to clear the cache and it worked. Good to know that it's not just me and that the fix is known.
#8ProletarianPosted 8/2/2011 10:19:24 PM
thank you. i was wondering what was up with mine and, like an above poster, thought that there might have been a billing problem. clearing the cache worked.
---
GT: Darkgyft PSN: Break_The_Chains
I am an advocate for the right to arm bears.