This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How often do you go back to games of yore?

#1AnngwishPosted 8/2/2011 1:24:35 PM
Do you find yourself playing more and more games that are released now, or picking up less games and retro gaming more often?
---
Daisy...Daisy...Give me your ansssweerrss doooo-Hal 9000
I SUPPORT THE REAPERS! Cheers to the destruction of organic life.
#2takidigits2005Posted 8/2/2011 1:26:04 PM
I'm currently playing only current games, but I can always fall back on older games if I choose to.
---
"You know I can't play without a GUI -TAR string, n-n-n-n-n-nephew!!!" --- Uncle Pecos
#3sharksfan7Posted 8/2/2011 7:25:06 PM
I play mostly new games, but when I beat or get bored of those I often go back to older games. For example, I started a new character on KOTOR yesterday because I want to take a break from Halo: Reach and have beat the rest of my RPGs.
#4SquallWindbladePosted 8/2/2011 7:26:42 PM
I almost never go back to older games. I don't have the time or the patience to go back to games I beat years ago when I have new ones to beat.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#5darkhorse723Posted 8/2/2011 7:27:47 PM
I go back alot since that's how I escape the glut of first person shooting these days. it's all the same.
#6xbliveGaminTeenPosted 8/2/2011 7:28:40 PM

I'm currently playing only current games, but I can always fall back on older games if I choose to.

Pretty much this. While I am trying to beat about 4 games in the next few weeks, I am itching to play some PS2 and N64 games.
---
Spurs: Offseason Broncos: Offseason USC: Offseason
XBL: TatJballa
#7davepescPosted 8/2/2011 7:29:56 PM
Lately, it's been all modern, but I've got a PS2, Genesis, TG-16, 2600, and Dreamcast at the ready along with other systems just a plug-in away!
---
"**** you'll thats all you mofos know how to do iss pick on people cause there typeing **** this site" DarkAssAssIn051
#8Hucast9Posted 8/2/2011 7:34:11 PM
What I like to do is to play several short under 10 hour games, then get into a 50+ rpg. I just replayed Final Fantasy 9 on my PS1 and finished it at 60 hours. That game is extremely beautiful for a 2 gen old game.
#9buddhamonsterPosted 8/2/2011 8:45:52 PM
I've got mostly all of the past systems (NES, SNES, GENESIS, PS1/2, N64, etc.), and tons of games on each. While I tend to stick to the modern stuff on the 360, I still find myself dusting off one of the old consoles and popping in a classic every now and then.
---
Hey Trashcan Man! What did old lady Semple say when you burned her pension check?
Boston Bruins - 2011 Stanley Cup Champs!
#10GM_Posted 8/2/2011 8:46:51 PM
SquallWindblade posted...
I almost never go back to older games. I don't have the time or the patience to go back to games I beat years ago when I have new ones to beat.

What can you possible spend more time playing new?
Most new games this gen suck quite a bit actually.
---
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence