This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This summer of arcade has been really disappointing...

#31doomcrusaderPosted 8/3/2011 11:57:46 AM
Imo Bastion has been the only decent one. From Dust was okay, but I couldn't get into it. ITSP might be good if there weren't flash games that are ten times better. The only game I actually give a damn about is Toy Soldiers because the first one was great.

Compared to last year's and the year before it, this SOA sucks.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qnU6i.png pic by beam_
11/11/11 SKYRIM
#32NinjuggalotusPosted 8/3/2011 12:12:06 PM
Yeah, first SoA I'm not buying any of these games and will wait for them to go on sale instead.
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
"C'mon Alex, you can do it! C'mon Alex, there's nothing to it!."
#33SquallWindbladePosted 8/3/2011 6:03:31 PM
DerekRoss posted...
The $15 price point is a joke.

I completely agree; I'd have paid more for Bastion alone.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#34PNT510Posted 8/3/2011 6:17:13 PM
The only one I picked up was Bastion. Totally worth my 15 bucks. I'm kinda poor right now so I won't be picking up any of the other anytime soon.
---
"The surface world is no place for an IRCer" - ShadowZero
#35SquallWindbladePosted 8/3/2011 7:58:44 PM
doomcrusader posted...
Imo Bastion has been the only decent one. From Dust was okay, but I couldn't get into it. ITSP might be good if there weren't flash games that are ten times better. The only game I actually give a damn about is Toy Soldiers because the first one was great.

Compared to last year's and the year before it, this SOA sucks.

I want to know more about these Metroidvania-style flash games.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#36darkharePosted 8/3/2011 8:12:54 PM
im enjoying shadow planet and from dust, i might buy toy soldiers but im honestly sick of the WW2 nazi crap i was hoping toy soldier was going to go the direction of b-movie sci-fi.
---
all 360 games should have a demo. lets put revieweres out of business.
#37natevinesPosted 8/3/2011 8:32:34 PM
It's okay. Bastion is great, From Dust was disappointing and the only other one I care about is Toy Soldiers, which most certainly will be great.

Like many others, I'm kind of upset about Fruit Ninja Kinect. It's fine that they have a Kinect arcade game, but they really ruin the appeal of the deal they're offering by including a game that the majority of Xbox owners can't even play.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#38hoboyupoPosted 8/3/2011 8:32:57 PM
I loved Bastion but i'm not interested in the rest.
---
"The living still give me the creeps."-Manny Calavera.
#39EucliditePosted 8/4/2011 1:45:30 PM
I will have to agree with SquallWindBlade; SoA has been outstanding so far. Bastion and From Dust are fantastic. I'm looking forward to getting into ITSP; I've just barely started it. I'm sure I will enjoy Fruit Ninja with my wife and children. Toy Soldiers should be good as well. This will likely be the first year I have purchased all five games.