This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2012-2013 game releases

#1GM_Posted 8/9/2011 4:58:00 AM
There are still major release titles slated for these two years. Does this practically confirm current-gen support for an additional 2 1/2 years as of right now? This is the longest console generation that I can recall in the longest time and I'm definitely not complaining. I think this is better overall for the industry if we don't rush expensive toys into the market every 4 years or so as that really turned off a lot of potential buyers for consoles and it allows more people to buy the platform which builds up more profit for the companies that build these machines. That's not to say they haven't been developing their next-gen consoles though because it would be foolish to otherwise think they've been ignoring the future.
---
For a good time head over to the 3DS board.
#2desert_santaPosted 8/9/2011 5:33:57 AM
I don't think so. I remember when the 360 first came out, the majority of titles were still multiplat. Only a handful of games were really next gen.
#3XFactor1Posted 8/9/2011 6:19:17 AM
360 came out in 2005 - 2012 . In 2012 it will be 7 years old
PS3 and wii came in 2006 . In 2012 both will be 6 years old

That is plenty of time for a new console. Most current gen games run at 720p and only 30 frames per second. Even the HD ports coming this fall like RE4 and Metal Gear are only 720P.

PS2 stil had releases coming for it when PS3 was out for about 2 years.
GameCube still had games coming out for it about another 1 year after the wii.
---
--