This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Forget past Splinter cell games so hows Conviction?

#1XNo_FearXPosted 8/9/2011 5:02:15 AM
as an action game? thoughts?
#2BeefEasterPosted 8/9/2011 5:14:58 AM
I personally think it's a pretty damn awesome game

jumping down from a pipe, breaking a dude's neck, and then shooting 4 guys in the head all within about 3 seconds is very satisfying
#3RockguyKevPosted 8/9/2011 5:20:25 AM
I liked it even as a Splinter Cell game. Only thing I missed was the VS. multiplayer modes. I found the campaign to be very fun.
#4ironpanthrPosted 8/9/2011 5:40:35 AM
I thought it was a great action game. Not the longest campaign in the world, but what is there is really good. Also has a good separate co-op campaign if you have someone to play with.
#5scoobydoobydontPosted 8/9/2011 5:46:53 AM
It's my fav SC, personally.
---
"The journey is what matters, not the challenge. Challenge works well with teenagers...but it doesn't work with adults." -David Cage
#6MacDofGlasgowPosted 8/9/2011 5:59:13 AM
I'm only about half way through it (I think, don't know how long it lasts) but I think it's great. I like the mix of stealth and action and the fact you can seemingly play either extreme or somewhere inbetween. It has cool challenges that help unlock bonuses on weapons too.

Plus, I'm fairly sure it is Michael Ironside doing the voice of the main character. I love Michael Ironside. (I assume he has been Sam for a while but I've never played a SC game before).

So I've really enjoyed what I've played so far. I look forward to replaying some bits to try and do a level without being see at all and the like. Plus it has a decent co-op campaign that I hear is totally outwith the main story. And it has all kinds of bonus game modes that I have yet to even look at. Pretty cool all in all.

So, I haven't played the old games, and I haven't finished this game. But I think it is pretty damned good.
---
Backlog: Fable 3, Velvet Assassin, Halo Reach, Blue Dragon, Sacred 2, Risen, Mind Jack, SC:Conviction, X3
#7TheMuffinPosted 8/9/2011 7:19:40 AM
It's my favorite Splinter Cell. The combination of action, stealth, and Ironside basassery made it that way. I'm glad they switched up the mechanics of the series.
---
Gabrius ~Hedro, tank you for cawling xbox suppaaart, my neem is THOMAS, hawl cun I heeelp you?
#8seb03Posted 8/9/2011 7:21:28 AM
its really good and so is co op
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#9GSPgreasesPosted 8/9/2011 7:43:23 AM
Its a pretty good action game.

Nothing Ive played surpassed Red Faction as far as action games go.
#10playboydojoPosted 8/9/2011 8:19:59 AM
As an action game it's good. The black-and-white mechanic gets in the way pretty often, and effect of projecting objectives and memories onto walls gets old.
---
I've decided to not have a sig because nobody reads it anyway. Not even you.