This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hope resident evil 6 goes back to tank controls, or at least re4 style.

#31Ryan2002Posted 8/9/2011 5:57:21 PM
lwantedzero posted...
Wasn't the controls in 5 almost identical to 4?
New melee moves for every situation, an active inventory system, using healing items in real time and being able to switch weapons during combat, says no, it was not almost identical.

Controls =/= interface

Only thing that could be said is melee being different and a stretch since you don't pause to heal.
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://www.zreomusic.com/Zelda25.jpg =-= http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v965tv&s=7
#32lwantedzeroPosted 8/9/2011 6:02:16 PM

Controls =/= interface

Only thing that could be said is melee being different and a stretch since you don't pause to heal.

Pushing right or left on the control pad and activity switching to a different weapon is a control function. Nice try though.
---
"Squirrels are hot." - RIger
#33MW2_Main_MenuPosted 8/9/2011 6:26:04 PM
RE4 AND 5 had tank controls. Just a different camera angle.

The problem with 4 and 5 weren't that the controls were different, but that they didn't even TRY to make it scary. 4 had some great atmosphere, too. I was scared during the "regenerator" part; though lol.

Revelations looks like a step in the right direction.
---
GT: MW2 Main Menu and Movie Premiere
Games playing: EDF: Insect Armageddon Red Faction: Armageddon CoD: Black Ops Halo Reach Halo Wars
#34MW2_Main_MenuPosted 8/9/2011 6:27:54 PM
RE2LeonS posted...
I'd be happy if the controls were like RE 5 with the option of being able to move while you shoot.

Uhm this is Resident Evil, not Nazi Zombies. Go play the right game and stop complaining about a game that didn't need changing to begin with.

You do realize that RE now has move-and-shoot gameplay right? Started with RE: Mercenaries and will be in every RE forward.
---
GT: MW2 Main Menu and Movie Premiere
Games playing: EDF: Insect Armageddon Red Faction: Armageddon CoD: Black Ops Halo Reach Halo Wars
#35Ryan2002Posted 8/9/2011 6:28:12 PM
lwantedzero posted...
Controls =/= interface

Pushing right or left on the control pad and activity switching to a different weapon is a control function. Nice try though.

It's not a try, in my opinion. I think of the gameplay, as in actively controlling your character. You see as the interface and selecting items. Am I wrong? No. But at the same time, neither are you. Just agree to disagree on this, pretty sure I won't agree with you on this, and neither will you on me view.
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://www.zreomusic.com/Zelda25.jpg =-= http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v965tv&s=7
#36TheWarHorsePosted 8/9/2011 6:29:54 PM
I don't care what controls they use.. just go back to survival horror or don't make another RE game.
Resident Evil 4 was ok.. but it wasn't a real RE game. RE5 just plain sucked and officially killed the series. I love all of the old RE games. Hell, just remake RE2 on current gen consoles and I'll be extremely happy.. or even port REmake in HD.
I hate what became of one of my favorite series ever. They really ruined it with the last two games.
#37lwantedzeroPosted 8/9/2011 6:32:18 PM

It's not a try, in my opinion. I think of the gameplay, as in actively controlling your character. You see as the interface and selecting items. Am I wrong? No. But at the same time, neither are you. Just agree to disagree on this, pretty sure I won't agree with you on this, and neither will you on me view.

Works for me.
---
"Squirrels are hot." - RIger
#38gorypaldin2Posted 8/9/2011 6:46:11 PM
I want Resident Evil 4 again.
---
The mods know where they can go
#390ReapeR0Posted 8/9/2011 7:55:01 PM
gillz107 posted...
Has anyone come up with a new name for the change in movement and fighting mechanics in the new RE?

How Gears of Evil sound?

Resident of War?
---
Ban The Burqa
PSN - ReapeR345
#40LuckNotDoWithItPosted 8/12/2011 4:01:17 PM
Agreed. The controls are fine either way but I prefer the RE4 scheme.