This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do I really need to sign on Gold Membership to access Netflix?

#51NoPointMade(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 11:44:03 AM
popping4it posted...
the older generation 360s arent really made for being on for long extended sessions so reason they dont make netflix more accessible because they dont want the consoles dying. the slims are fine but the old fat models probably still make up ~50% of total xboxes.

that's bad news for my 360 because it's a 1st gen model. how many hours can 1st gen models do before it overheats? i imagine that depends on the activity. i hope media center + netflix isn't 'overclocking' it exactly.
i've been spending 2-5 hours of streaming on it lately though and it hasn't failed so far. if i do get RROD, well....whooopsie. i'll just have to replace it, or not.
#52LuckNotDoWithItPosted 8/12/2011 5:51:04 PM
You need a gold membership, which is easy to get with just a points pass on market.
#53otisanimePosted 8/12/2011 6:09:44 PM
"Don't want to pay for Gold to use netflix? Then don't use an xbox to do the streaming. Problem solved. This was even posted in the first reply, so why is this topic still going?"

Good god damn. Defensive much? Why do you even care? It's a good thing to complain about, which is what I'm pretty sure you're upset about, the people complaining. God forbid, right?

"The ... "problem" ... as you put it ... is this stupidly pointless, and slightly off topic topic."

Are you freaking serious? Care to explain why you care?

VERY telling that you say "problem".

"So why make the topic in the first place? The answer is obvious. You really coundn't figure out that other things have netflix that don't require more fees?"

...and there you're going into internet-jerk mode. Might as well throw a "GOOGLE IT" in there. Typical. Freaking typical.

"There is such a thing as "too simple" a question."

Typical.

"Anyway, if you knew how to do all that, it only reinforces the fact that you really didn't even try to find the answer on your own, you just came here."

HEAVEN FORBID D:

"If someone asked what color the sky was, would you not laugh at them too?"

No? Because I'm not some horrible human being with a superiorty complex on the internet?

Continue on with making the internet a horrible place by treating the general populace like total garbage, awesome!

Internet: A wasteland of communication: 1999-today
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, NFS Hot Pursuit, Resonance of Fate
#54SerenitySaysPosted 8/12/2011 6:48:03 PM
Question: If we have XBL Gold, do we automatically get Netflix or do we have to pay another fee to get it?
---
Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported. - David St. Hubbins
#55ikrissyPosted 8/12/2011 7:09:15 PM

Question: If we have XBL Gold, do we automatically get Netflix or do we have to pay another fee to get it?

You automatically get it. All you have to do is download the Netflix app on the dashboard and you're good to go.
---
goolybooly-TC, you came HERE to complain about the bad people on Xbox Live? Xbox Live is like GameFAQs with sound. | GT- Kombat Kelly
#56merschdawgPosted 8/12/2011 8:06:46 PM
ikrissy posted...
You automatically get it. All you have to do is download the Netflix app on the dashboard and you're good to go.

Well, you have to have a netflix subscription as well.
---
Gamertag/SteamID: merschdawg06
#57ikrissyPosted 8/12/2011 10:50:19 PM

Well, you have to have a netflix subscription as well.

My bad.... I thought he was asking if you had to pay an additional fee on top of the Netflix subscription.
---
goolybooly-TC, you came HERE to complain about the bad people on Xbox Live? Xbox Live is like GameFAQs with sound. | GT- Kombat Kelly
#58NoPointMade(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 8:15:51 AM
good god otisanime, for awhile there I thought you blew a pituitary gland or something.