This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

played kinect at best buy..slow response?

#1lambojonePosted 8/12/2011 7:13:25 AM
is it just the best buy version? cus i was playing the "hitting the ball" game to the boxes on kinect adventures and the motion sensing was slower than my actions... is it suppose to be like that cus it was Really hard to hit anything..i have to use my motion like 1 second before i know the ball comes at me...

i really wunna buy kinect but is the sensing that slow or can i change it?
---
WHITE FC 1721 3200 4746
#2SquallWindbladePosted 8/12/2011 7:16:16 AM
The Kinect Adventures game has pretty bad tracking. Fruit Ninja is much better.

I played the Kinect Sports game, and it was only marginally better than Kinect Adventures, but at least it functioned.

It seems to be very much up to the game how the Kinect responds, which is a very good thing.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#3lambojone(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2011 7:18:26 AM
ohhh ...so i cant really adjust the tracking?? it was soo slow ..not even 1:1 ..>.> ehh....should i get it?
---
WHITE FC 1721 3200 4746
#4GriffPosted 8/12/2011 7:20:37 AM
You really need to fine tune Kinect to the room and your body,
the best buy demos are rarely accurate.
#5SquallWindbladePosted 8/12/2011 7:38:29 AM
Honestly, until more games come out with the tracking like what Fruit Ninja has, I wouldn't. I love the Kinect and it's a fantastic piece of hardware, but the launch games have abysmal tracking and have set the bar pretty low.

I would wait until after the holiday season this year to decide on the kinect. If by the end of this year we don't have any more games with good tracking, then the kinect is probably never going to amount to anything for the hardcore gamer.

Seeing that they've found a way to take things off of the rails makes me happy, though.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.