This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So a thought that a big part of gaming has always been...

#11stav8Posted 8/14/2011 8:40:00 AM
Its the start of the digital download era for games, steam was the start of it.
#12JKSonic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2011 8:44:42 AM
stav8 posted...
Its the start of the digital download era for games, steam was the start of it.

Well PC games in general were really the start of it when they started requiring CD keys and stuff. I remember Blizzard back in the day required a CD key (Warcraft 2, Starcraft 1) but then gave you a free "spawn" version of the game to let a friend install which allowed them to play MP with you, but that was it.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#13bigpoppapatPosted 8/14/2011 8:45:25 AM
especially Microsoft with their painfully overpriced proprietary hard drives and headsets, charging for stuff like gamer pictures where we should be allowed use and jpg png we want, buying more points than u need, forcing the customer to have no choice in certain products. some nerve. we gotta save $ somewhere.

I'm no playstation fan, but at least they let u use whatever hdd or Bluetooth u want, and buy psn stuff outright with $ amounts, the controller has a built in battery with standard cable.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs
#14oasisbeyondPosted 8/14/2011 8:50:09 AM
Probably has kids that was a big part of gaming, since we had less money.
I haven't sold a game since last gen, but that's cuz I don't buy crap games.
Last gen, I didn't have a job, so I did sell some games I actually liked, but got them back :)

In the 80's it was a big part cuz games were so expensive, but now, it's like most games go to 19.99 in no time, no point buying a game full price, unless you really want to play it "NOW"