This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the most beginner friendly fighting game?

#21SquallWindbladePosted 8/13/2011 9:09:48 PM
I would like to know this, too. I have attempted MvC2, the PS2 Mortal Kombat games (the ones in the MK Kollection that aren't Shaolin Monks), Soul Calibur 2 (loved it), and Soul Calibur 4 (WTF happened?).

I suck at all of them except Soul Calibur 2, but only because I bought a limited edition guide and spent countless hours memorizing Ivy's moveset.

It just seems like Capcom's fighting games are impossible for me to pick up. I've watched some videos of players like Daigo playing some of them, and I don't fully understand what I'm looking at.

I don't think my brain processes fighting games very well.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#22Cinn_kentsu89Posted 8/13/2011 9:22:08 PM
"I don't think my brain processes fighting games very well."

Quote of the week right there lol. Made me lol hard when added with the "watched diago matches and couldn't tell what I was watching" haha. I feel the same when watching good ssf4 videos, all I see is "he punched that guy before he got punched"
---
GT: CleansingMoon
#23SquallWindbladePosted 8/13/2011 9:29:37 PM
Cinn_kentsu89 posted...
"I don't think my brain processes fighting games very well."

Quote of the week right there lol. Made me lol hard when added with the "watched diago matches and couldn't tell what I was watching" haha. I feel the same when watching good ssf4 videos, all I see is "he punched that guy before he got punched"

Like when I watched a match between Daigo's Ryu and another guy's Sagat, all they kept doing was shooting endless hadokens at each other. I was like "did they go to sleep, or what?" Don't get me wrong, I get that they were countering each other's fireballs because a successful hit can lead to a strong combo and a match loss. I just didn't understand much of the rest of what I was seeing.

I don't have all of the information memorized, I guess. I'm assuming that fighting game characters have anticipations and lead-ins that show what moves they're going to do and a good fighter would know those tells and be able to counter appropriately, but there's got to be an easier way than just memorizing every move and animation in the game.
---
Current field of study: Game Software Development
SOLVING ALL PROBLEMS WITH THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE AMOUNT OF BLOODSHED IS JUST THE FURBY WAY.
#24Cinn_kentsu89Posted 8/13/2011 9:40:08 PM
Boy I watched diago ryu against a guile and almost fell asleep cause of hadokens and sonic booms.
---
GT: CleansingMoon
#25ardishPosted 8/13/2011 9:46:16 PM
i dont agree with dead or alive 4 it has a hard single player with a really cheap end boss and online if you button bash your going to get murdered.
Everyone with an A rating or above know how to counter almost every move u do ,they know almost every pattern to counter high,medium or low so i just leaves you losing almost every move until you learn how to counter.
---
http://www.trueachievements.com/Ardish.htm
rpg collection- http://uk.gamespot.com/users/ardish/games_table?mode=own
#26lostnumberwarPosted 8/13/2011 10:18:26 PM
Tekken 6
---
Break out the marshmallows boys and girls.
burn me at the stake.
#27petran78Posted 8/15/2011 2:26:19 PM
try Black Heart, a MUGEN based horror fighting game

it is freeware and has very good quality in animation and music

http://theblackheart.com.ar/
---
A witty saying proves nothing
Voltaire