This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Demo Battle: Is Driver or Bodycount worse?

#1TheHood33Posted 8/16/2011 12:26:36 PM
So I just got done playing both and I honestly can't decide which is worse. Driver has horrible controls and one of the most dumb gimmicks I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing in a game, a little above average graphics, and really has nothing (save for Tanner) to do with the Driver games of past. Bodycount on the other hand had average/below average graphics, floaty controls, and was as generic as could be. Which did you think was worse?
---
You know what, there's a ton of lore on unicorns too. In fact, I hear that they ride on silver moonbeams, and that they shoot rainbows out of their ass
#2Gurn BlanstonPosted 8/16/2011 12:32:36 PM
I liked both of them, who'd a thunk it?
---
I almost had a psychic girlfriend, but she left me before we met.
#3sknmakPosted 8/16/2011 12:33:08 PM
You care too much about graphics. Also I haven't gotten the time to play either so I could careless. Guess I'll check them out anyways. I'm looking towards skyrim and BF3. Graphics aren't that important to me. What and how in Driver is a gimmick? I've been hearing about it. Shifting or something like that
---
Forum is now up and running.
http://gamingpyro.omgforum.net/
#4dreamtheater33Posted 8/16/2011 12:34:11 PM
havnt played driver but played bodycount i didnt like it,was it trying to be like club?
#5TheHood33(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 12:35:45 PM
"You care too much about graphics."

I don't but they do matter when looking at a game as a whole. I play games with crap graphics as long as the gameplay is great (see Neir, Captain America, The Darkness, etc) but the gameplay in both these games leaves much to be desired.
---
You know what, there's a ton of lore on unicorns too. In fact, I hear that they ride on silver moonbeams, and that they shoot rainbows out of their ass
#6TheHood33(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 12:37:22 PM
"What and how in Driver is a gimmick?"

My bad, I should have elaborated on this. Driver the game is not a gimmick. The gimmick is in the game itself. You can now "shift" between cars. Meaning that you can be driving one car and then "shift" your spirit into another car taking over their body. Yes its as dumb as it sounds.
---
#7TheHood33(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2011 12:37:44 PM
"was it trying to be like club?"

Sorry, never played that game.
---
#8RatladPosted 8/16/2011 12:42:44 PM
Haven't tried the Bodycount demo yet, but the Driver SF demo was pathetic. Even leaving out the ridiculous "shifting" it just wasn't any fun.
---
Gamertag = Ratlad
Currently playing: From Dust, COD:BO, Rock Band 3
#9bhaalsmasherPosted 8/16/2011 12:46:25 PM
Haven't played the bodycount demo yet, but I played the Driv3r (damn the person who thought of replacing the E with a 3 btw) demo a few days ago and.... yeah, they should stop making those games. Driver 1 was absolutely awesome for its time because it had that raw, cool style and some of the most fun driving mechanics of any game. Driv3r felt stiff, arcady and plain boring.
---
**** SALT.
#10kloud 11Posted 8/16/2011 12:57:30 PM
TheHood33 posted...
"What and how in Driver is a gimmick?"

My bad, I should have elaborated on this. Driver the game is not a gimmick. The gimmick is in the game itself. You can now "shift" between cars. Meaning that you can be driving one car and then "shift" your spirit into another car taking over their body. Yes its as dumb as it sounds.

sounds pretty smart to me. eliminates the need to force gamers to play with cumbersome off foot mechanics