This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's the reliability of the Slim?

#1Midnight_alivePosted 8/18/2011 8:38:45 AM
Anyone have some console-breaking issues or is yours still going strong?
---
MidnightSoldier
Fanboys and Elitists are the worst.
#2ROFLdPosted 8/18/2011 8:45:47 AM
Midnight_alive posted...
Anyone have some console-breaking issues or is yours still going strong?

Slim360s are the best built console out there currently. 45Nm combined cpu/gpu dieset, switched fans, etc. This has nothing to do with performance but the wifi-N is the icing on the cake as it's the fastest wifi on consoles currently.
---
Achievements: 4749/5061
TrueAchievements.com + x360a > all
#3ChiliPupPosted 8/18/2011 8:59:17 AM
It's too early to make an accurate assessment of the slim's reliability. It's like those people who write reviews for the brand new television they just bought on amazon, the same day they bought the tv. "Wow. It works, so it must be reliable. I'll give it a 10 out of 10!" Derps.

Ask again in another 12 to 18 months.

---
---
[This moderator or administrator was deleted at the request of this message.]
#4Spartangod777Posted 8/18/2011 8:59:29 AM
Reliability is real high.
---
Currently Playing: BFBC2, Fallout 3, Gears of War 2, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Resident Evil 5 <========|xxxx0
#5Infamous0nePosted 8/18/2011 9:16:04 AM
Better than the PS3slim but not sure if better than the almighty Wii.
#6Jhardy12121Posted 8/18/2011 9:19:47 AM
Ive had mine since it laucnhed and not a single issue yet.
---
Pokemon black FC: Angel; 2064 8501 8062
#7seb03Posted 8/18/2011 9:19:47 AM
wii are not very reliable
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#8Ginsu VictimPosted 8/18/2011 9:20:24 AM
I've had mine for 11 months and it hasn't given me a single problem.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#9SpiritRoverPosted 8/18/2011 10:19:54 AM
Even the "Jasper" motherboard X360 consoles were rock solid. Both its GPU and CPU were 65nm, which proved to be critical in reducing internal heat. MS had solved their reliability problem right when they released the Jasper motherboard revision. I initially had a launch motherboard console, which I later sold for a Falcon. Then I sold my Falcon for a Jasper. The Jasper has seen 2yrs straight of hard, heavy stress gaming. Zero problems whatsoever.

However, the newly redesigned Xbox 360 S is the way to go. As ROFLd said, 45nm on a single die is ace. Like the Jasper model before it, the new X360 S should provide years and years of hardcore gaming under heavy stress, provided the user isn't a completely careless idiot. The "Slim 360" has been on the market since last June, which is over a year. There have been no widespread errors or failures that weren't due to user incompetence. I just purchased a 4GB Matte black edition and moved my 120GB HDD over to it.

Before, every 360 bought at launch was destined to fail no matter how well the user pampered their system. Things have done a 180 degree turn since then. MS needs to ensure that they keep reliability at least as good or better than it is now for their sake. I doubt the consumer will fall for any more catastrophic hardware reliability issues due to a new console being rushed to market again. So glad they've got it now, because imo the X360 is THE console to own for gamers this gen.

Make sure to get an HDD with your console. If you care about long term reliability, then it's also good idea to install every game that can be installed and play from the HDD. This greatly increases the lifespan of the DVD drive and it can improve a game's performance in some cases.
#10Midnight_alive(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2011 10:26:56 AM
Well I got my current 360 as a gift and that was bought in 2009. Does it have the Jasper motherboard? And it did come with a 120GB HD so I'll be doing the same as you and getting the 4GB, as it'll be cheaper especially around Black Friday, hopefully.
---
MidnightSoldier
Fanboys and Elitists are the worst.