This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D Uncharted 2/3 would look better if it was 360 exclusive

#1TryTheVealPosted 8/23/2011 7:51:15 PM
360 has way better hardware. they could make it have photorealistic textures and it would be in native 1080P
---
I'm here 'til Thursday.
PSN ID: MrInfidelity
#2PeelMyBananaPosted 8/23/2011 7:53:03 PM
What an idiotic statement.
#3PrealienkingPosted 8/23/2011 7:54:02 PM
They would look as good on 360 as Gears of War would look on the PS3
---
Currently Working on -
Warning: all posts after Midnight Central Time are a form of natural high that occurs due to lack of sleep.
#4TryTheVeal(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2011 7:54:58 PM

Why is it idiotic?
---
I'm here 'til Thursday.
#5Carte360Posted 8/23/2011 7:55:30 PM
Prealienking posted...

this
---
Pokemon FC: 0904-5158-2126
Yeah I am a Christian, but not the kind you think you know.
#6LordOfLegaciesPosted 8/23/2011 7:59:26 PM
TryTheVeal posted...
Why is it idiotic?

Because your whole post was uninformed and wrong.
---
"Anti-religion quote from some famous writer or scientist." - Every quote desktop wallpaper ever
#7TryTheVeal(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2011 8:01:25 PM

Because your whole post was uninformed and wrong.

Please tell me where I'm wrong.

Xbox 360 uses Microsofts' DirectX platform so it allowed for more texture bandwidth and better data compression. So they could fit higher resolution textures onto smaller media, and it will take less processing power to render.
---
I'm here 'til Thursday.
#8Mythril_HammerPosted 8/23/2011 8:01:32 PM
oh, this cracks me up. XD
---
"I think I'm going to need a hat. Oh god!"
#9boolzeroPosted 8/23/2011 8:02:24 PM
Considering the better memory architecture and management and how the game uses lower poly counts, and bad texture work masked with lots of filters on the PS3 I would think yes, a little bit in some areas. I think the textures would look better, and the details would look better, but I think it would also not do as good lighting and particle effects, which is one thing the PS3 does quite well.

It's give and take really, but overall yes, maybe only slightly in visuals, but in other areas like sounds and as I mentioned, particle effects usage it would not do those as well...

But this has always been the case: 360 can push higher poly counts and do better textures, but the PS3 can do better filters, masks, lighting and particles.
---
GT: Bool Zero / PSN: BoolZero / Wii:Who uses Wii codes, really?
#10boolzeroPosted 8/23/2011 8:09:41 PM
Prealienking posted...

Actually Gears of War couldn't run on the PS3 in it's current state, without some major reworking of the code simply because of the way it uses memory and swaps and how the PS3 architecture can't buffer and swap the textures as the game would need them due to their size. They would have to knock down the texture size and polygon count significantly in order for the PS3 to run it well. Quite simply, Gears uses more memory than the PS3 can have ready and available at any one time unfortunately.
---
GT: Bool Zero / PSN: BoolZero / Wii:Who uses Wii codes, really?