This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

C/D Uncharted 2/3 would look better if it was 360 exclusive

#31Darth_ElusivePosted 8/24/2011 10:29:47 AM
boolzero
Posted 8/23/2011 11:02:24 PM
message detail

Considering the better memory architecture and management and how the game uses lower poly counts, and bad texture work masked with lots of filters on the PS3 I would think yes, a little bit in some areas. I think the textures would look better, and the details would look better, but I think it would also not do as good lighting and particle effects, which is one thing the PS3 does quite well.

It's give and take really, but overall yes, maybe only slightly in visuals, but in other areas like sounds and as I mentioned, particle effects usage it would not do those as well...

But this has always been the case: 360 can push higher poly counts and do better textures, but the PS3 can do better filters, masks, lighting and particles.

^As I scrolled down from the top of this thread, this is the first post that I think is written by someone who knows what he's talking about instead of a fanboy.

TC sounds idiotic and fanboyish. By the way, why am I even wasting time responding?
#32RawfullllPosted 8/24/2011 10:41:06 AM

None of this technical BS matters. This is the real point.

Xbox *fanboys* now would say Uncharted is a poor man's Tomb Raider and they may even pepper in a comment about it having bad graphics.

If Uncharted was exactly the same as it's been, just always an Xbox exclusive, those same fanboys would say it's an amazing groundbreaking game with amazing graphics.

*Notice I said fanboys.

But TC is trolling anyway.

and PS3 fanboys say Gears of War is a terrible game, but if it was on their system they would love it.

what's your point?
---
GT: iJesseee
i dont know an real life thank you god. - heerohart
#33TroyTheZombiePosted 8/24/2011 11:48:22 AM
coughtrollcoughstepawayfromthebridgecough

Tc only posted twice to get people arguing, than never posted again, lol. How do people fall for this crap?

Because the collective intelligence of people on GameFAQs could probably fit onto a 4x6 inch postcard.
#34Paragon57Posted 8/24/2011 11:49:15 AM

360 has way better hardware. they could make it have photorealistic textures and it would be in native 1080P

Hmm... Flamebait.
---
P a r a g o n 5 7 was here!
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/7527/paragon.png
#35TryTheVeal(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2011 12:50:49 PM
No intelligible responses.. Figures.
---
I'm here 'til Thursday.
PSN ID: MrInfidelity
#36TroyTheZombiePosted 8/24/2011 12:56:06 PM

No intelligible responses.. Figures.

Considering the better memory architecture and management and how the game uses lower poly counts, and bad texture work masked with lots of filters on the PS3 I would think yes, a little bit in some areas. I think the textures would look better, and the details would look better, but I think it would also not do as good lighting and particle effects, which is one thing the PS3 does quite well.

It's give and take really, but overall yes, maybe only slightly in visuals, but in other areas like sounds and as I mentioned, particle effects usage it would not do those as well...

But this has always been the case: 360 can push higher poly counts and do better textures, but the PS3 can do better filters, masks, lighting and particles.

sadly, someone did take you seriously, and actually posted a factual response. why they wasted their time on this is beyond me.
#37TrixonePosted 8/24/2011 12:58:29 PM
Nah, they wouldn't look the same. U2 and 3 are specifically designed for the PS3's architecture. It's sort of like saying a break pad from a Porsche would work on a ford pinto, it just wouldn't work.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: SSFIV:AE, DS - Samurai of Legend