This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Region Restrictions....

#1tooboredtothinkPosted 8/24/2011 1:02:33 PM
I'm thinking of importing Xbox 360 games from Japan (shoot 'em ups) since they never get overseas.

Can I get my Xbox 360 banned from LIVE if I mod my Xbox 360 so it can play JP games? Also, if I mod it for it to play JP games, can I play UNSC games?

or would it be better just to get another Xbox 360 but JP version -.-;
---
The Night-Time Sun is amazing!!
#2kingekingePosted 8/24/2011 1:14:11 PM
An xbox 360 can not be modded to play games from different regions. Technically it can, but if your xbox has access to xbox live it can't..

This is because the type of modding required to play different region games was patched years ago and only works on an xbox made in early 2008 or before, that doesn't have any xbox live updates from beyond that date. These are called JTAG xbox's and they can't go online.

You can't remove these updates either, the modding requires you to do some soldering and any xbox past early 2008 doesn't have the fuse needed and those that do have the fuse burnt out when updating on xbox live.

The only potential modding you could do would be to play back ups off of a blank dvd, but you can't remove region checks without a JTAG. It would be cheaper just to import a Japanese xbox than buy a JTAG, not to mention problems with RROD since they are all early 2008 or earlier consoles.
#3tooboredtothink(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2011 1:44:53 PM
Oh, that's really too bad...

Anyways, thanks for helping me out!

If anyone knows a website where they sell cheap Japanese Xbox 360's please post it.
---
The Night-Time Sun is amazing!!